Zombie apocalypse Part II

Oooh boy let's do this

=======================================

An hour later you woke up feeling your head and shivering as you slowly sat up on the bed you were supposedly carried on. Just as you did so, you felt a sickening feeling in your stomach and the need to puke.

You quickly glanced around, your eyes landing on a bucket placed conveniently right beside your bed.
You promptly lifted it to your face and vomited. Placing it back to the floor when you were done, you felt shivers travel across your back.

You had noticed right away how cold it was so you wrapped yourself into the warm blanket once again until the door was opened very slowly and so quietly, that you almost didn't hear it at all.

A freckled face popped their head out of the opening and after seeing you sitting on the bed, he walked in with a tray of food and placed it on your drawer.

"Are you okay?" He asked, a very concerned look on his face, placing a hand on your forehead. "(Y/N), you're really hot!"

His eyes widened as he corrected himself, blushing: "I-I mean you definitely have a serious fever".

You giggled at him being adorable, but the pain returned and your smile faded as you looked down at your hands. Varian sat next to you on the bed with a worried expression on his face. He guessed something was really bothering you.

He took a deep breath. "(Y/N), D..Did something happen to you when.. you were attacked?"

By your sudden change in behavior, he already knew the answer but wanted to be sure. You didn't dare to look at him staring at you and waiting for the answer.

A few tears slipped out of your eyes as more started to form. "....I...i.. got bitten", you exclaimed, now bawling as you moved your shirt's collar to show a purple-brown discoloration on your skin spreading around a bite mark on your collarbone.

Varian's eyes widened in shock as a few tears escaped from his eyes. He had to think for a moment before responding.

"I-i'm so sorry..... if.. if I would've came sooner then.. you wouldn't have gotten bit", He wiped his tears and embraced you in a tight hug.

"It's not your fault, Varian. I love you", you smiled while crying and held him tightly. "I- I love you too. More than you'd ever know", he said quietly holding you like his life depended on it.

After a while of just holding each other, Varian released you of his grip and spoke up with a determined expression on his face: "Don't you worry, babe. I will definitely find a cure for this".

You looked at him wistfully, knowing it would never work. "Varian, no. You've tried to make a cure since the apocalypse first started", you tried reasoning with him, taking a hold of his hand.

"Well I can't just let you die!" Tears started to well up in his eyes again. "(Y/N), please. Just let me try one more time", the alchemist pleaded.

You stayed quiet for a while. "Just don't drain yourself too much", you gave in, smiling at him lovingly. "We'll see about that", he smiled at you as well.

"We should have about 18 hours before you reanimate and turn into a zombie. I'll get to work right away", Varian said before giving you a peck on the cheeck and walking out of your room after one last time glancing at you with a worried expression.

As the hours passed, you felt more sick and had to vomit more often. You barely ate anything Varian had brought you.

He would come check up on you everytime he had something new that could be a potential cure. Surprisingly enough; none of them worked.