CHAPTER 14

Nazz and I watch as April and Tork dance on the dancefloor. April is smiling as she moves her body to the music, grinding her body into Tork's while Tork is moving along with her.

I expect Nazz to make a smug comment about how we should do the same or tease me about not knowing how to dance but he doesn't, he is absent minded, he looks somewhat worried.

"What's wrong?" I ask, reaching for his hand on his lap.

"I've been wanting to ask you something" he says over the music. And I say what? Like I didn't hear him even though I hear him quite clearly.

"We should go outside" he says, standing up and taking my hand and I immediately regret acting like I didn't hear him, i don't want to go outside with him, where we will be alone, because I won't be able find an excuse to stall him some more.

He pulls me up from the seat and leads me outside pushing through the sweaty crowd. As we pass, a girl rubs her finger over Nazz's shoulder.

"Hey handsome" the blonde idiot says and winks but Nazz ignores her. We get outside and Nazz walks to the car. I walk behind him, feeling the cold air brush my skin harshly.

He opens the door for me and I smile gratefully at him before slipping into the car.

He walks over to the other side and gets in, sighing. He exhales and runs his hand through his hair, messing it up even more.

"Bianca, I know you've been avoiding this question" he says turning to look at me, and I avert my gaze from his, looking out the window, the boom boom sound of the music echoing from the club.

"Why? Don't you trust me enough to tell me?" He asks, his eyes softening.

I sigh" No, it's not that. You know I do. I just..." my voice trails off and I sigh again.

Nazz doesn't say a word. He's waiting for me to finish what I was saying.

"I don't want you to think any less of me, or realise I'm a mess" I say in a whisper but he hears me well and clear.

"How can you say that? I would never think less of you, someone's hurting you, how would that make me think less of you?" He asks obviously confused at my answer.

I shrug, tucking some of my hair behind my ear.

"Hey, look at me" he says trying to turn my face towards him but I dont let him, I don't want him to see the tears that are flowing down my cheeks and ruining my makeup.

He sighs, "Bianca, please, look at me" he pleads. I don't feel the need to tell him, afterall, my father hasn't touched me for a long time. I wish he would just let this go.

I turn my head to look at him slowly and he cups my face, using his fingers to wipe my tears away.

"Please, tell me who did that to you" he says, his breathe fanning my face. He looks so worried and I begin to feel guilty, he cares too much, I wish this time he wouldn't care.

"Please" he says again and his eyes look kind of moist, is he going to cry? I think, my guilt prickling me even more.

"It was my dad" I say a bit too fast, like the words were hot on my tongue and I had to let them out quickly before my tongue got burnt.

"What?" He says, clearly shocked.

"It started after my mom died. He kept blaming me, kept saying I was the reason she died. He was always drinking and he will beat me most of the time when he's drunk, sometimes I'll be so weak, i wont be able to move so I'll have to sleep on the floor. I don't know why he kept blaming me, my mom was sick, I don't know why he..." I say, my tears breaking me off.