prologυe

This book will contain explicit content, such as: suicide and self-harm issues, love and paranormal scenes. If you aren't comfortable with the topics, I invite you to leave.

Just to clear everything up, this is a Fanfiction but I assure you that it's not like the rest. Hope you enjoy it.

-Pati

Hope. That's the last thing that we all lose. That's why I'm a warrior.

can still remember the clock ticking away the seconds, the minutes and the hours. I can still remember the feeling of losing the most important thing in the world. I was losing hope. I was losing my world. I was getting lost. Darkness was the only place were I felt safe. I wasn't afraid of anything else but myself. I was afraid of all the thoughts that came into my mind. I can still remember that horrible night. I knew he was there, looking for me. I knew that that night was going to be the last night in which I would hear my heart beating.

Darkness was my only friend. My tears rolled, getting my cheeks wet.

Fear was killing me. Anxiety was devouring me. My dark side was making its way out from where I had buried it. I could feel how hope, love and destiny were fighting for me. I was fed up of crying myself to sleep every single night. I came to a point where I felt like a used toy. As if it wasn't worth living anymore.

I knew that I wasn't alone in the darkness. I knew that he was by my side. He was under my bed, in my dresser, behind the door and I knew that he didn't want to be seen. That's why he always kept himself in the dark.

My mother has always told me that demons existed, that you can look for them, you can look to your right, to your left. Besides, she has always told me not to look up because they don't want to be seen. I think that he has taken her because she saw him. I can't think of any other reason why he has chosen her. Why? Why did she have to go? Why did she leave that way? Why had she never told me who she really was? Why had she never told me anything? Was it to keep me safe? What was she scared off? Why didn't he take me with him? Right now, I can't stop wondering why I was born. Do I have any purpose to fulfill?