°1 ~

Katara's POV

Knock knock...

"Lady Katara! May I come in?" Said the old man while knocking on my door. I hugged to my pillow and groaned. I just wanted to sleep a little more but of course, it was impossible.

The guard knocked again. "I'm sorry for interrupting but the meeting is about to start my lady..."

I rolled my eyes and kicked the blanket. I pulled some water with bending and washed my face.

"I'm coming!" I shouted at my door. I laughed at myself because of doing that and i quickly changed my blue sleepwear to a long red dress. I quickly brushed my hair and ran to the meeting hall. I bumped at some of the servants but i was late enough to make apologies.

When I came infront of the big door, I took a deep breath and entered with a smile on my face. I was still sleepy while the whole team was in there, probably waiting for me. Again...

"Why are you sleeping too much, sister?" Said Sokka with his annoying voice. I rolled my eyes and I threw some water to his face. He coughed several times and I saw Sukki who was trying to hide her smile.

I turned to Zuko firstly and slightly bowed. I was always doing that since he became the new Firelord.

It's been 5 years then... Wow! Time flies.

We all had some severity when it comes to Zuko but I always felt like we must be careful when we are in the Fire Nation. He is the Firelord and that means that he is the King actually. While I was the Princess of my own Tribe, the way my people reacts make me feel like I should do the same when it comes to Zuko. Maybe I was wrong and too serious about this situation but we both get used to it after some time.

"Shut your mouth Sokka! Sleep is everyones first and the last love." Said Toph, sitting on the table.

"Guys! This is serious so please.."

Aang looked so worried actually. I've never seen him like this since the Sozin's Commet. That made me concerned. Zuko coughed multiple times to take the attention to himself.

"One of my carriers transfered me a letter from an unknown person last week and it wasn't a friendly letter."

I raised my eyebrows. That was a week ago but he never told us about that.

"What is it about?" Said Suki with a worried voice.

"He says that he will take whatever it belongs to him."

I sighed and caught the attention on myself. "What? It's not the first time a letter like this coming to the Firelord. Probably it's one of your haters again."

Toph yawned and scratched her nose. "Toph.."

"What?.. Oh. I mean... Well, Katara is right I think." She said with a tired voice.

"But he said that he's on his way." Zuko raised his voice. I took a few steps and put my right hand on his shoulder. He didn't look. "I think there is nothing to worry about right now. If something unusual happens for the next days, we can take action." He nodded and sighed. I saw a little bit of fire coming from his nose when he did that and i ignored. "So.. Can I go and continue sleeping now?" Said Toph.

"Do whatever you want Toph." Aang said and left the room. I waited for everyone to leave because I wanted to talk to Zuko. He looked so anxious to me.

"Zuko, wait." I said when the last person left the room and closed the door.

"What is it that bothering you that much?"

I sat on the big table and he sat back to the big chair infront of me.

"I just... You know my father and Azula is still alive and.. And they hate me. They still do hate me. I'm sure that Azula kept planning somethings since the first day she went into that asylum."

All of a sudden, I felt horrible for him. Yes, we defeated Azula back then in Agni-Kai and that felt so right in that moment. At least for me, watching the person who hurt my friends getting hurt gave me some relief in the end.

I couldn't stop myself from touching his left eye again. I returned to that cave in BaSing Sae for a split of second. Zuko looked at me with a serious look.

"Whatever she does, she is your sister Zuko. I understand, if you are still sad because of what happened between you two when we were searching for your mother but i don't think that your father has a role in this situation." I was trying to make him relax.

"And you are not sleeping enough I presume. You are the firelord for 5 years so please.. Don't do that to your nation." He sighed and grabbed my hand which was on your shoulder. "I know my responsibilities and I'm not trying to escape from them."

I nodded. He was strong. "We will capture those 'stalkers' and you will see that you're wrong. But now, everyone need some rest, especcially you." I said and got uo from the table and pulled him with me.

_/_/_

I woke up for some reason in the middle of the night and left my bed. I was feeling like spmething was wrong or something bad is about to happen. I quickly left my room and entered the long hall which was going to the Firelords Room and the garden. I looked at the empty garden behind the windows. I sighed to myself. The palace was in deep silence and nothing was wrong. I think Zuko made me nervous with his inconvenience. When I started to walk back to my room, I heard something which is not far. I quickly turned and hide behind the wall. Just seconds after, a dark figure came in to my sight. It was going to Zuko's room.
I froze. He was right. This time there was an unusual thing about those letters. When I realized that, I started to run behind that figure, trying to hide myself. Where were the guards anyway?!

The last thing that I saw was the figure standing infront of the rooms door. 

I ran inside and threw the water which I pulled from my water bottle and froze it. The figure fell next to Zuko's bed with throwing a fireball to him. Before it hit Zuko, he woke up and threw himself to the floor. I was so distracted by him so I didn't realize the fire coming to me. I quickly tried to run away but it hit me right in my stomach and I fell on my knees.

I closed my eyes in pain but I could still hear the fight between them and the sounds of the fire. The heat was killing me so I grabbed the water and turned them into little knives. One of them stabbed his left leg.

"Katara!" I could still ear his voice over and over again in my ears but the pain was too much. While the man screams in pain, the guards rushed in and handcuffed him.

I felt Zuko's hands on my arms and he picked me up in his arms. "I'm okay. It just burned a bit."

"Stop talking. You are going to be okay. I must go and wake the others. They probably are already awake but..."

○•°•●