1. Blue Comes Out of the Blue

The music in my ears made the world around me feel more alive as watched it from my Dad's car window. I also couldn't hear my sisters arguing in the back seats, which was something I was definitely glad for. My ear buds always come to my rescue in such situations, they make me space out form the outside world and have some peace of mind. Honestly, they're like a part of me now. I just put them on, and the magic happens.

It took me a moment to realize that my Dad was saying my name.

"Bree!" He said, apparently not for the first time.
I took out one ear bud. "Yeah, sorry. What is it?" I asked him politely.

He gave me a look as if deciding whether to get mad or not.
"Bree, seriously. You can't have your earbuds in all the time! You know they've got lots of harmful effects, don't you?" He said, wearing a worried dad expression.
I smiled.
"Dad, tell me that you're actually enjoying the girls fighting behind about who's got the best eyelashes." I said in a bored voice, pointing my thumb behind me.
He was silent for a moment, then a similar smile crossed his face too.
"Well, you've got a point. These girls never know when to shut up." He said, shaking his head.
"Nope. Wouldn't be them if they did" I said as Liza's voice came up,

"Cathy, just because your lashes are curved doesn't mean that they're long, honey. Anyone can get they're lashes curved with mascara! But mine are naturally long." She said batting her eylashes.

"Are you really serious or just being dumb? Liza dear, lashes gotta be long to be curved! Just like mine! And they definitely look prettier that way, you silly little-"
" Alright enough!" my Dad cut them in, looking at them from the driving mirror. "You're all equally beautiful. You can't start an argument about that, it will create unnecessary jealousy and because it's immature."

"And because no one cares!" I added in a cheerful sarcastic tone.
My Dad grinned again, I understood that this was what he had wanted to say but kept.

"Oh shut up," Cath told me. "You're always pretneding to be the modest one. Don't let her deceive you, Dad! You should see her other side. And I promise you it's not that promisiong. Right, Brat Bree?" she said, looking at me with that annoying coy smile of hers.

I sighed and shook my head. "Ignore her, Dad. She's just being jealous." I slowly smirked as I decided to join the ridiculous conversation too. After all they weren't the only ones with pretty lashes.

"Everyone knows I got the best eyelashes." I said smugly as I looked at her over my shoulder batting my eyes, "Right, Cold Cath?"

"Excuse me? Did you just call me cold? Ha! Look who's talking!"

"Well, you just called me brat too." I replied.

"Yes. You're Brat Bree!"

"Cold Cath."

"Brat Bree."

"Cold Cath."

"Lame Liza!"

Liza had cheerdully interrupted . Scilence fell. We both stared at her.

"What? I wanted to join too!" Liza said.

"This isn't a game, stupid" Cath said, laughing.

"But it looked fun!" Liza said innocently. I couldn't help start laughing too.

"Alrighty then, Lame Liza." I grinned and winked at her, "whatever you say".

As much as these girls annoyed the heck out of me, they always put a smile on my face. Yes, we fight all the time but deep down we all know we can't live without each other.