4. What About The Actual Story?

Several days have passed. Days stretched into weeks. Weeks stretched into months...

So far, nothing really special happened. It was exactly the same routine every single day of school. It didn't even feel like it was days, but it felt like it's just one day and was repeated over and over again.

Dang it, what had I been expecting? A sudden mysterious disappearance? The school would turn out to be haunted? That might have been terrifying yes, but at least it would have been exciting in some way.

Frustrated, I put the stack of papers in my hands harshly on the desk.

Ms. York noticed my sudden wierd outburst. "What's wrong, dear?"

My cheeks turned a little pink. I usually don't act like that in front of people. I might have even forgotten she was there.

"Oh, nothing," I murmured as I tried to rearrange the stack I had just messed up.

Ms. York moved her chair to be more closer to mine. "Yes, there is," she said softly placing her hand on my shoulder. "You're not usually like this. Otherwise I wouldn't have chosen you to be my teaching assistant, huh?"

I smiled. "Oops then. Looks like I have failed you."

Ms. York had made me her teaching assistant about a week before. I'd go to her office and we'd arrange papers, calculate grades and sometimes chat a little if we finished early. She had a big mind and was privileged with boundless wisdom. Exactly my favourite type of person to listen to. Overtime, I had kind of managed to create a bond between us, something that I never do with a teacher. But Ms. York was special.

"It's alright. You have a second chance. But disappoint me again, Ms Campbell and I shall banish thee from the land." Ms York said as she dramatically adjusted the collar of her dress. "And by 'land' I mean office."

That was probably why I liked her so much. Because she didn't act like a teacher.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure thee is proud as heck." I said winking at her and giving her a thumbs up.

"Awesome! Now get back to arranging essays will you?" She said.

"Fine! Whatever thee say."

Ms. York smiled, rolling her eyes at me and went back to revising stuff.

I was arranging papers of English Creative Writing alphabetically. I cought a glimpse of mine and a proud smile crept on my face. I had spent a whole night writing that story specifically and it was the best I've ever written so far.

"Bree!"

I instantly put the paper down.
"Stop falling in love with your writing and focus! We don't have all day!" Ms. York said looking at me over her glasses.

"Sorry!" I cleared my throat and went back to arranging the papers, ignoring my absolute wonderful story about the apocalypse.

"Perhaps I should have banished you after all," Ms. York mumbled under her breath.

I was done with all the names that started with the letter B and moved on to the next letter. Immediately, a certain paper caught my eye.

 Immediately, a certain paper caught my eye