chapter 2

Emma's Pov

"I'm home" I hear Brad yell from downstairs.

I continued on playing Borderlanders 2. I just started it after I finally finished the first one. I want a ps4 but Mom, and Brad think I dont get outside enough already so they won't get me one.

"Emma," Megan starts to talk to me as she sits on the other bean bag chair. "Do you wanna ask Brad with me if he wants to go to the Daddy daughter dance with us?"

"Sure." I say to her as I save my game. "Let's go ask now."

We head downstairs passing by Megan and Dylans Room which is right next to mine and is connected through a bathroom.

"Hey Brad." Megan says as we walk towards him and stop at th kitchen counter.

"Yeah?" Brad questions turning towards us.

"If we ask you something, you promise you won't cry again?" I ask him.

"Of course, sweathearts. What is it?" Brad asks as he bends down on one knee.

"Well, at school, they told us about this thing, and it's called a Daddy-Daughter Dance." Megan says for the both of us, "So, do you want to go wth us?"

"You said you wouldn't cry, Brad." I say to him as he starts to cry.

 "I'm not. Megan, Emma, yes. A million times yes." He says as we both give him a hug still crying.

"I thought big people weren't supposed to cry." Dylan says as he comes up to us from behind.

"I think it's sweet that he's crying like a little bitch." Megan says as we stop hugging brad and turns towards Dylan.

"Megan!" Mom reprimands her while I try not to laugh. "You are not supposed to call people that word. You know what? It takes a real man to show his emotions."

"All right, that's a bit much." Mom says rubbing Brads back. 

"I'm going back upstairs to play my game again." I say as I head back upstairs. "It would problably be much more fun on a PS4." 

"Nice try, Honey come back down in an hour dinner should be done by then." Mom says to me.

"OOOOOkkkkkaaaaayyyyy." I say in response.

Timeskip

"Kids dinners ready!" Mom yells. 

All three of us each yell diffrent responses in answer and head to the dinning table. We each sit down in our usual places me next to Dylan and across from Megan who sits next to Mom, Brad sits at the head of the table.

"This looks Delicious, Thank you, Mom." I say to mom as I look at my Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy with corn.

Everyone else thanks mom for making dinner to. We all begin to eat occasionly talking about each of our days.

Brad talks about what he did at work where he trys to find the voice for The Panda, the radio station he works at. Mom talks about her day at work also. Megan and Dylan talk about there day in class. I talk about school and the levels in Borderlanders, and how I'm doing in the game.

We all finish Dinner and I help put dishes in the dishwasher as part of my chores. Each week I get at the least 20 dollars for doing my chores. I started doing chores recently and I'm trying to save up to buy a PS4. 

We all gather in the living room and sit on the couch to watch a movie together. I sit in the middle next to mom on the right side of the couch while Dylan and Megan sit in the Middle next to Brad who's on the left side of the couch.

We all decide to watch the Princess Bride and are in the middle of a boat scene. The phone rings while were all laughing.

"I'll get it!" I say as I stop leaning on Mom Getting up to answer it.

"Hello? who's this?" I ask answering the phone.

"Hey Pumpkin, forget your Dad already." I hear dad say over the phone.

"Daddy!" I shout excited finally getting to hear his voice for the first time in six months. "Where are you now Dad?"

"In Cameroon, Pumpkin." Dad says over the phone.

"I want to talk to Daddy." Dylan says to me first.

"Dad I'm going to hand over the phone to Dylan now. Love you!" I say to dad as he says it back before I hand the phone to dylan.

"Where's Cameroon?" Dylan asks dad. "Is that gunfirre? cool!" He shouts.

"Daddy, Daddy! I want to talk to Daddy." Megan says to Dylan who has the phone.

Dylan hands the phone over to Megan as all three of us stand next to the phone stand.

"Hi, Daddy" Megan says into the phone. "Good." she responds to a question.

"We're watching a really funny movie with Mommy and Brad." Megan responds.

"Oh, Brad is Mommy's new husband." Megan says.

"Brad, Daddy wants to talk to you." Megan says as we all turn towards Mom and Brad who are sitting on the couch.

Brad gets off of the couch and heads towards us to grab the phone and thanks Megan.

"Hello, Dusty? Super to make your acquaintance. In fact, I just wish I could shake your hand and offer to buy you a cold one." Brad says as he talks to Dad. "Tommorow?"

"What?" Mom questions as Brad says that.

"Daddy's coming! Yay!" All three of us cheer as we sit back down on the couch and start to ignore what Brad says and watch the movie. Brad and Mom sit down with us and we watch the rest of the movie. After the movies its time for bed.