CHAPTER ☾7☽ the bad and the worse

CHAPTER 7the bad and the worse

CHAPTER ☾7☽ the bad and the worse

D O V E

And we did stay for longer. Much longer. We were together on the sand when he finally fell asleep. I don't think he meant to because he was practically mid-sentence when he finally shut down. I had never talked so much in my entire life than I had that early morning. It was mainly me asking questions about the human world and him giving me the answers.

The sun was beginning to beat down on us and we had slept for at least six hours. My eyes fluttered open before his did and I found my head resting against his chest, listening to his slow heartbeat.

I wasn't sure what the protocol was for lying with unmated males but I was sure that Gaea Victoria was looking down on me right now. I liked him a lot, I knew that for sure, even though we didn't really know each other. He didn't have to be so nice to me yet he was.

I heard a groan and then a groggy morning voice, "Ugh, did I fall asleep?"

"Only for a couple of hours," I spoke softly because he seemed upset, "But that's good. You said you hadn't slept in a long time."

My statement seemed to go over his head and he sat up from his place, "We need to go. What was I thinking?"

We got ourselves together and our little beach rendezvous came to an end. I had fun but by the look on his face, you couldn't tell that he had enjoyed his time. I'm not sure why he didn't allow himself to rest and have fun.

"Bye ocean, bye dolphins, bye turtles, bye fish, bye blue sky, bye waves, bye sand . . ." I spoke solemnly.

I caught up with Cage, after dusting the sand off the back of my thighs, grabbing his hand, "The beach isn't going anywhere, Dove," He told me.

"I know," I pouted, "I'm just gonna miss it . . . but thank you for bringing me, Cage." I smiled as I interlaced our fingers together.

He sighed, a weight falling off of his shoulders, and look down at me, raising an eyebrow, "How the hell do you do that?"

"Do what?" I asked, sound confused.

"Never mind," He brushed it off and we continued our walk back to Cage's house.

I noticed a pattern in Cage and I's conversations. It was mainly me asking questions, ones that he had never really been asked before, and I came to realize that I really had been sheltered. There is so much to the world that I had no idea about and I was glad that Cage chose me. "So Blake is your Beta? Cassius mentioned him yesterday. He was in your big meeting?"

"She is like a Beta to me. She's one of the only higher-up females. She helped me save you that night."

A female Beta? I had heard of no such things in the books I read at Sanctuary, "How . . . interesting. Why does she want to be a higher-up? Isn't it intimidating being the only girl?"