5. preparation

the irritating sound of vibrating radiating off her bedside table startles melissa. she quickly jumps in her bed and lets out a small squeal. her eyes jolt wide open. she lets out a sigh, relieved that the world was in fact, not ending, and reaches over to her phone, switching off her alarm.

melissa sits up against the bed head and scratches her eyes as she lets out a monstrous yawn and stretches her back to achieve good comfort. she picks up her phone again and glances at the time.

7:00am

she again sighs and pulls her soft pink blanket off of her sweatpant clothed legs, and walks out of her room.

although the young adult had worked with her family in their pizza shop, she had preferred to live alone. as much as she loved her parents and her 3 little siblings, melissa had grown out of the whole 'i still live with my family phase'.

yeah, melissa did seem to be lonely at times, but she managed to get through it.
instead, she just focused on the positive things. no more little siblings being loud, invading your privacy, and being annoying. especially when she's doing her everyday activities.

although her rent was tough to pay, as said, she managed to get through it. photography may not be a very effective pay but melissa enjoyed it. she also enjoyed the fresh smell of pizza at her parents place even though it always tempted her to grab a bite. melissa had always wanted to do what she enjoyed.

melissa had seen what her other friends were doing in life. and then she looked at hers. is she being too easy? they're all going to become top surgeons and journalists while melissa is out here taking photos. the girl couldn't even wrap her finger around how these people would enjoy slicing people open or reporting news. well hey, the slicing people open did seem pretty fun, but melissa knew she was bound to accidentally end someone's life with her extremely clumsy trait. she also thought travelling the world and learning about it seemed pretty interesting, however, the girl was rather shy and was scared of travelling.

it was difficult for her to understand why her peers had chosen these professions, but it came to her, that's what they enjoyed, and wanted to do.

her parents were very skeptic about her choice in life, and wondered if it was right. they knew they're daughter had many different talents. melissa was very very smart. the couple had expected her to use that quality wisely. but later it had then occurred to them that their eldest daughter did not enjoy academics. she would always come home worked out and pooped, then went on to complain about that she hated school.

the young girl had then taken a passion into music and the arts. she absolutely loved to sing and dance. but hey, the girl was not amazing at everything.

one day, when the girl was 8, she wanted to perform a dance routine at her school talent show. she absolutely sucked. she looked like a chicken having a seizure. but the countless incidents of getting laughed at and made fun of did not stop her from trying. she decided to practice every afternoon after school by the next year, melissa tried out for the talent show once again. unfortunately the girl still didn't have what it took to be a dance act. hurt and scared of the upcoming weeks of bullying that were to happen, melissa stopped and started to sing her favourite song from high school musical.

that's when the girl had realised, she had the talent of singing. alas, that did not last long as the girl had easily found her passion for photography, which is the very reason why she is meeting her favourite actor later today.

melissa opened her pantry and grabbed a hold of her tea. she was never really a fan of coffee, in fact, whenever she smelled it she instantly becomes lightheaded and sick. to add to that, she hated the bitter taste. as she boiled her water, she prepared pancakes for herself.

while preparing her meal, a million thoughts were racing through her mind.

if i act like a fan girl, he won't like me
i should wear something cute
wait no i dont want to look desperate
i shouldn't wanna get into his pants straight away.. pfft
wait the photos, how should I make them look cool
AAAA IM MEETING TOM MF HOLLAND!
if i take boring ass photos then he won't wanna hang out with me
wait should i keep it professional
yeah probably, cause there's a possibility he's not looking for friendship.

by the time she calmed down her mind, she had finished her meal, and it was 7:30.

melissa decided to text her friend tom

a/n this is a bigass filler so im prolly gonna edit this later by enjoy anyway