Pt.20

The way your fingers moved almost mechanically towards his phone number was something you never guessed you'd be used to; never something you'd consider as second nature to you.

It strikes you as nothing but odd how indifferent you were prior to meeting him. How you used to keep to yourself, how love used to be such a distant concept, how a single person can step into your life and change that very same fact. How the word 'love' managed to pop into your vocabulary so quickly and so easily; how much you love him and how you used to do everything in your power to convince yourself otherwise.

You've told him countless times that relationships, attachments or the mere knowledge of having someone to go to sleep and to wake up next to are foreign concepts to you, that being with anyone that isn't yourself is fated to end in disaster, that there isn't anyone in this goddamn world that can change that. But somehow, somewhere along the way, he managed to completely fuck that up.

And you couldn't be more grateful.

"TaEhYuNg, you fUck-" You start after bringing your phone up to your ear, your hand having hovered over the call button for at least a couple of minutes, but you try not to let that fact show in your voice, "I miss you."

You hear him giggle over the line, "How can you insult me, yet be so endearing at the same time?"

"I don't know." You shrug to yourself, even while knowing fully well that the male can't see you, "Come over, I'm in dire need of cuddles."

"I'm getting groceries, Y/n-ie."

You scoff, "Why are you only productive as soon as I move out?" You ask, offended, the male only laughing in response as you narrow your eyes, "You know what, keep your bitchass over there."

"No, I'm coming, love." A grin curled up his lips along with the increased rate of your heartbeat every goddamn time he calls you that. You breathe out a low 'okay', and if he noticed how breathy the single word you uttered was or your embarrassment that shortly followed that very same realization, he doesn't comment.

Each step towards your dorm felt like a chore, an obstacle, the only thing keeping him away from you being the distance he'd have to walk to reach you. Each step, each turn, each crack on the wall was so heavily embedded into his mind that he can practically already visualize the decor in an instant, can already count the amount of stairs he'd have to climb until he reaches your floor, can already feel each dip on the ground before it can make him stumble. He's done this so many times, but he's long since stopped caring, because each step is just one single step closer to you.

So it's only when he finally reaches your floor that his steps speed up just the slightest bit, lips stretching into a giddy smile, and soon he's right in front of your door, ringing the doorbell excessively as he (not so patiently) waits for the door to open, and when it does is when he inevitably smiles at the sight of your glare and furrowed brows that surely would make you look annoyed, but the tint of red on your cheeks and your lips threatening to twitch into a smile saying otherwise.

"Hi, Y/n." He smiles as he leans against the door frame, shooting you an exaggerated smirk and wiggling his eyebrows excessively, and you only snort as you make space for him to enter your home. You're taken off guard when he shuffles closer to you only to envelope you in a hug, and you're smiling as he takes a hold of your hand to drag you into your living room as if it were his own, stopping only to shut the door behind him.

Taehyung's still holding your hand as he inevitably collapses onto the couch with you in his arms, limbs folding in one another with both of you facing the television as his arms cocoon you in, resting his chin on your head and holding you from behind as he squeezes you, humming in content. It's only while he's engrossed in playing with your fingers do you notice the remote sitting innocently atop the coffee table in front of you, your arms being restricted by the male making you incapable of picking it up as you huff.