Only Having Fun When You're About To Die

Jake and I headed towards the training arena. Hades versus Apollo. Should be interesting.

He stood a good fifty feet away from me, turning his ring into a sword. I held my daggers, holding them like claws as I always do.

I smirk at him. He smirks back in return. "Ready to fight a goddess?" I ask, slowly advancing towards him.

He laughs. "I've got a few tricks up my sleeve.

I roll my eyes. "Whatever."

He smiles a little and walks to me. I trip him and then elbow his ribs, just to make sure he goes down. He laughs and slashes his sword at my calf, cutting into my skin, then sticks his leg out, tripping me. I roll on my side and slash his stomach.

It continues like this until we're both lying on the ground in pools of our own blood, unconscious. My golden ichor mixing with his red mortal blood. When we wake up, the blood is gone and Jake is...glowing.

I frown at him. "You okay?"

"I think so..."

"That's really reassuring."

His skin starts glowing brighter.

"Jake... What's going on?"

"Alchemy..." he muttered.

"Alchemy?"

He ignored me and made a small cut in his skin. Golden ichor spilled out.

"How?! What?!"

He looks up at me. "Alchemy. Obviously."

I sigh. "You're going to have to clarify."

And that's when he explained that Alchemy was some science and all out of this stuff that he explained, out of all of it, all I could gather that he turned into a god from the combination of my blood and his. Still not sure how that worked.

He got up and held his hand out to me. I took it and stood. He laughed a little and I rose an eyebrow. "What?"

He smiled. "I'm like, a whole foot taller than you."

I frown. "How tall are you?"

"Six foot three."

I groan. "I'm five foot three... Exactly a foot..."

He smirked as we put our weapons away and walked out of the arena. "So what now?" he asked me.

"Um... Wanna go swimming?"

He nodded and smiled a bit.

I raise an eyebrow. "What's that for?" He smirked a bit and remained silent. "You want to see me in a bathing suit, don't you?" I tease him with a small smirk.

He laughs and shakes his head, walking to the Hades cabin to get his bathing suit. I smirk slightly and turn into opposite direction towards the Apollo cabin to get mine.

AN: Sorry this took so long. I haven't really been busy and I haven't had writers block. I just kinda forgot. If I'm taking too long to write a chapter, please feel free to yell at me. I need that kind of encouragement sometimes. Yeah. So anyways. Anyone besides Deven or Jake, please answer my question: Aurven or Jaura? It's already been decided but I want to know the level of feels I'll be crushing. (I'm also sorry that this was a short and crappy chapter. Bye! I'll try to update in the next 24 hours but it may not be easy. I'm on vacation with my friend and they turn the wifi off so I use cellular but the wifi is extremely crappy .-.) ~Aura🌞