Chapter 1

Celeste POV

"Celeste Kristen Evans get your butt out of bed this moment or else I'm gonna personally come up there and drag you down here," I heard mom screaming from downstairs. "I'm up geez," I said as I rolled out of bed. That is pretty much how each day goes by. Looking through my closet, my eyes suddenly caught the silhouette of the infamous Jason Donovan, the highschool playboy a.k.a my neighbor. 

Jason has been the meanest he can be whenever he is near me. Humiliating me in front of the entire school is pretty much his hobby. I can't believe I used to have a crush on him. I mean yeah I used to. I must have already moved on from that phase right. Oh god who am I kidding? I feel pathetic. I still have something for him no matter how much he humiliates me. 

I still remember the first day of high school, he 'accidentally' poured his drink all over me as I tried to talk to him. Well now I just try not to ever cross his path. And well yeah being neighbors and having our rooms just opposite to each other makes it way harder to not see him. Oh man what have I done to deserve this? With that thought, I got into my bathroom and started getting ready.

After having picked out an outfit, I made my way to the mirror to see whether I'm presentable

After having picked out an outfit, I made my way to the mirror to see whether I'm presentable. I brushed my hair and grabbed my backpack filled with school stuff. 

Making my way downstairs, I could hear dad having business talk on the phone while mom was scolding my brothers, Jace and Devon, they are seven years older than me and they are twins. Jace and dad are handling the family business and Devon has his own little bakery as he didn't want to continue the family business. 

"Good morning everyone," I said as I placed a kiss on dad's cheek and followed by mom and the dear brothers. "Do you want me to drop you off at school, Celeste," Jace asked me as I took a seat. Looking at him, I nodded and thanked mom as she placed pancakes on my plate. 

As soon as she turned back, Devon stole a big piece of my pancakes. "HEYYYYY," I shouted as he started munching it. "Mom look at your son," I said as I smack his arm. "Devon why are you teasing your sister," mom said scolding him as if he was still a little boy. 

"God Devon grow up," Jace said as he took a sip of my chocolate milk. "Hey you stinky butt, stop drinking my milk," I said as I snatched my glass from his grip. 

"Why are you boys messing with your sister like that," dad said as he finally put down his cell phone. They just started laughing and continued talking to each other. Time to time, Jace and Devon get really annoying to the point that I feel like choking them to death but I love them too much to do it. 

"Celeste hurry up I have to go to the office soon," he said as he took my backpack with him as he went to the garage. "Finish everything before you get up," mom said knowing that I didn't finish without even looking at me. Gulping down the chocolate milk, I then took the pancake and ran out after saying goodbye to everyone.

"Do you have enough money Celeste," Jace asked as he rolled in front of my school. "Yes I have money Jace. Drive safe okay," I said as I placed a kiss on his cheek and got out of car.