{23} - F*ck, he knows

Arisa P.O.V.

I stiffled a laugh at Yoon's pissed off expression looking at Hak's wandering hands. He kept stealing the buns that Yoon had painstakingly made and stuffing them all into his mouth.

"So this is the priest's house?" Hak said, his voice a tad bit muffled from all the food in his mouth. "What a coincidence." He dragged his words in fake wonder. "I know you're living in seclusion and all but I kinda expected this place to look more like a shrine."

"Where is the 'priest' anyway?" I said, looking for the clumsy blond.

.
.
.

I accompanied Yona as we walked through the woods, looking for the blond priest. Hak was still not allowed to leave the hut, as per Yoon's orders. Yoon stayed behind to make sure Hak wouldn't do anything strenuous. He didn't want Hak to reopen his wounds.

We walked for quite a distance until we heard water viciously pounding on the rocks. It was loud and deafening and yet it left such a serene and calming effect. Truly, nature is mysterious in so many ways.

I moved a protruding branch to the side to reveal a cliff directly staring at a raging waterfall. There we saw Ik-su sitting with his legs crossed on the edge of the cliff. We steadily approached him. 

He was crying. His tears formed two lines down his face. My heart softened as I looked at his forlorn face. His bangs covered half his face and yet his expression looked so sad.

"What's wrong?" Yona said, her hand landing on his shoulder.

Ik-su hurriedly wiped his tears. He turned his head to face us. He shook his head gently. 

"I was dreaming about you both. About your links to this world. Princess Yona, Arisa, would you wish to hear the voice of the gods?" I gulped at his tone. What if something changed because of my appearance? What if the gods are angered at my meddling? If they asked me to leave, Would I? Should I?

"Mundeok told me to have my path shown to me by the priest." Yona filled in. I was far too absorbed in my thoughts to supply Ik-su an answer. 

"I've been wondering, is a path something that must be shown to you? As a princess, there isn't much that you are required to do. Just stand and look pretty but after a near death experience and my two most important people almost taken away from me, I realized. I realized I was no longer 'that' princess. I was a princess who knows she has her own two feet and she can walk, struggle as she  may but she still walks."

I had forgotten how awe-inspiring the princess' mind worked. Her views were like a fresh breath of air, hitting you, snapping you awake. 

"I have nothing to ask of God. I simply wish for Hak, Arisa and I to live in mundane peace for the rest of our lives. Nothing more."

"... No. For you, living doesn't entail a life of peace and tranquility. Your lives and influences will shake the Kouka kingdom to its very core."

His words were no longer carrying their usual laidback calmness. He was dead serious. I was entranced by Ik-su to the point where I almost didn't hear Yoon and Hak's bickering.

"-ou shouldn't be out and about. You could get seriously hurt and I would have to pa-" Yoon quieted down once he reached us. Ik-su paid no heed to the additional parties and proceeded with what he had to say.

"If you wish to live a simple and honest life, I will convey God's words to you"

"When darkness falls upon land, the dragon's blood will restore life once more. In accordance with the ancient pact, when the four dragons are gathered, the sword and shield that protect the king will awaken."