{26} - Learning from Hak

Hi...So uh remember me? I'm so sorry. I, kid you not, was swamped with a crap ton of stuff and I actually cared about my studies for once. NOW ON WID THE STORYYYYY. THIS IS A LITTLE GIFT TO Y'ALL 

~~

Arisa P.O.V.

I froze for a moment before quickly dragging Yona out of the corner. I would've ran out of the village but Yona was with me. I dragged us to the nearest alleyway. I peaked from the side and saw soldiers from the Fire Tribe.

"Fuck." I whisphered under my breath. What the flying shit are they doing here? This village is supposed to be remote and unknown.

Yoon was fast approaching us. I signaled at him to go to the gates but he clearly didn't get the message. He ran straight at us. Before the soldiers could notice the 'smart' pretty boy, I quickly pulled him to me.

"Yoon are you mother fucking blind?" I whispher-yelled at him. "Dude you could've gotten us caught!"

"Well it would've helped if you told me sooner."

"I did!"

"Yeah cause flapping your arms wildly is to-" He cut his words short at the sounds of footsteps. One, Two, One, Two. The footsteps were orderly and practiced. Like a well trained soldier's. I glared at Yoon. If we get caught its all his fault.

Clop

Clop

Clop

Clop

A muffled scream sounded from my right. I whipped around, my dagger at the ready. My heartbeat calmed after being greeted by Hak who was holding the princess' mouth. I held back the urge to beat his ass to the ground for half scaring me to death.

"That was quick" I said breathlessly at the asshole who decided to rejoin us silently. 

"Let's get out of here. They're gone."

.

.

.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have left you three alone," We were far from the village. We sat underneath a tree for a small breather before embarking on a trip to find the white dragon.

"We're fine. So what was so important you had to leave your dearest princess for?"

"..." Hak said nothing. He merely stood up and went ahead. I raised my brow but raised no complaints. I helped the princess up and we continued with our journey.

.

.

.

We walked at day and found shelter at night. We've crossed farms and villages alike. Each buzzing with the news of the new Emperor. Some with high hopes and others filled with criticism. Yona dares not speak about anything and neither do I. I can tell she thinks about it all. The past king. His way of ruling. Her ignorance. Her naïvety. All of it. Such a young girl burdened by things she shouldn't have to worry about. 

We are ascending up a mountain's path. It was steep and it was annoying climb up but at least we were assured there were no soldiers.

"Haaah" Yoon let out a contented sigh."Though climbing is tough work. It sure feels better to know you aren't being watched."

"Don't lower your guard. There's no guarantee that the Fire Tribe soldiers aren't patrolling the area.

"Hak, you are such a worry wart. Live a little." I said, running to the front of the group. "The weather is beautiful and the trees are so lush and- A BIRD!"