Meet the Science Club

After being left behind by Makoto, Nagisa and Haru decided to take a visit to the science club where Rei's supposedly hanging out. Gou was still out with her friend and Rin was pretty much just wandering around the school out of boredom.

"Ryou, help me set this globe over there."

"Okay." Ryou and his fellow science club member were moving stuff around to set up for a sleepover at the school. The time was 7:45pm...

The room they were in was a bit spacious and chilly, having the perfect spot under the moonlight. The door was left open so that anyone could hang out or sleep in the club room. Moments later, Nagisa and Haru entered the room.

"Excuse me, have you seen a tall kid named Rei Ryugazaki?" asked Nagisa. Ryou and his partner looked at each other, confused. They looked back at Nagisa and shook their heads. Haru, on the other hand, moved closer to one of the open windows to go check out the moon.

"Sorry, I think someone wanted to talk to him for a few minutes. He could be with them right now. " Ryou looked around the room and noticed that the telescope wasn't in the room.

"What is it, Ryou?" said his partner. Ryou scratched his chin and felt a bit shocked at the situation.

"Didn't we have a telescope with us?"

"Huh?" went Nagisa. Haru wasn't paying any attention.

"Oh, that student must've taken it with him."

"But I didn't see him drag that huge thing with him out the room. "

"Uh, you guys? What telescope?" Nagisa butt in.

"Um, I believe that Rei kid you're talking about was using it earlier. Ryou, go find Maki and see if he knows anything about it. "

"Okay." Ryou ran out the room to go fetch Maki. Nagisa looked back at Haru and felt a bit worried about him.

"Hey... I think I have you in my class. Nagisa, right? I'm Nene. I sit right behind you." said Ryou's partner. Nagisa giggled and smiled.

"It's strange that there are kids in my class who actually take notice of me. Is it because I'm part of the swim club?"

"No...? Well, welcome to the science club! Sorry about that."

"No worries! I'm just looking for Rei-chan with Haru-chan!" Nagisa directed Nene's attention to Haru who was still staring out the window.

"Oh, I see. And about Rei..."

"Yeah? Yeah?"

"Ryou, that person told us that he needed to talk to Rei for a few moments, but he hasn't come back yet."

"Looks like they're back to explain it to us, haha. " Nene said.

"Haven't you forgotten that Amakata-sensei had called us to go do something for a few minutes? That was around the time when Rei got called out to go do something, too. By the time we got back, the telescope was gone." Maki explained.

"Oh, god. I can't believe I forgot about that. Damn. Ryou, do you remember?" Nene worriedly looked at Ryou, hoping to get an answer out of him.

"No, I forgot too." Ryou said. This caused Maki to facepalm in shame and Nagisa to groan like a baby. Haru kept to himself the entire time until Maki mentioned something about someone who was "tall and had a well-built body as well as green eyes and olive-brown hair".

"You're talking about Makoto?" Haru responded at last.

"It could be someone other than Makoto. I know I have him in the same class with someone who looks so similar to him." Maki's answer gave Haru a bit of a shock.

"It was also around the time when a lot of students were roaming around in these halls until they got called out to be on the campus with the other kids." Nene added. Nagisa got closer to Nene and Ryou and tried to come up with an idea.

"I got it! We'll go find Rei-chan!"

"Nagisa, don't be stupid--" Haru was interrupted by an announcement coming from one of the speakers in the room.

Attention, all Iwatobi students. Everyone must go outside temporarily for a school meeting about the lockdown. Please make your way out front for the meeting. Thank you and have a nice stay at Iwatobi High School.

"Maybe we can find Rei-chan in the crowd??" Nagisa wondered. He looked at Haru who was not very pleased with his idea. He sighed and proceeded out the room.

"I think we should go, too." Ryou laughed.

________________________________

"There you guys are! Where have you been?" Gou was very worried about Nagisa and Haru that she has to scold them both for making her worry in the first place. Rin was right by her side, looking at all the other students.

"Sorry, sorry!" Nagisa said, nervously.

"Anyway, where is Makoto-senpai, Haruka-senpai?" asked Gou, pulling her attention away from Nagisa. Haru was looking away from Gou for a moment, still thinking about Makoto.

"Haruka-senpai..?"

"Hm? Oh. He could be here somewhere..."

"Like I've said, we might find him around here!" said Nagisa, full of motivation.

"Have you seen Rei?" asked Haru. Gou shook her head and looked at Rin, hoping that he might know about his whereabouts. Rin glanced back at Gou and caugh her staring at him with shiny red eyes.

"Gou?"

"Brother, have you seen Rei?"

"No idea where he might be..." Rin sighed. "And I think I saw Makoto a while back. He could still be in the crowd, but I'm not sure. The look on his face was odd, too.."

"So Rin knows where Mako-chan is! At least we can find him instead!" Nagisa grabbed Haru by the wrist and dragged him away from the Matsuoka siblings.

"What's up with them?"

"No clue." Gou shrugged her shoulders.