1. Costume Swap

Visit from A Lucky Bug

Kitty Noir roamed the streets of Paris searching for any akumas. Despite Plagg's protests, she felt restless and anxious. Chloe had gotten the best of her that day and she'd made a fool of Marinette in front of Adrien. Again.

Adrien Agreste was the most perfect boy in the world. With sun kissed skin, golden hair and green eyes that shimmered like emeralds –he was completely out of her league.

Growling to herself, Kitty Noir extended her baton and handed harshly on the roof of the hotel Mayor Bourgeois. She could practically hear Plagg's voice in her head. You shouldn't be here, Kid. Go home already. I'm hungry.

Stalking over to the edge, she peered over the rooftop to see Chloe basking in the midnight air with her eyes closed and a blanket draped over her. Her golden hair was loose and beside her lay her precious teddy bear, peeking up at the star filled sky. Kitty Noir narrowed her bluebell eyes and scowled.

Chloe Bourgeois was nothing but trouble, a spoiled brat who did everything in her power to get in Adrien's favor. Staring down at the blonde Kitty Noir felt a pang of jealousy cut sharply through her heart. Chloe had everything –all the money in the world, a ticket into the fashion industry and Adrien as someone who constantly defended her no matter how awful she was.

But Marinette, despite having the best family she could ask for, wouldn't have the opportunities to become a designer like Chloe did. At least, not as easily. She thought back to what transpired at school and her ears fell back against her midnight hair angrily.

She'd been dazed in chemistry –typical Marinette –while she watched Adrien and Nino mix chemicals in the beaker. Alya had gone to the bathroom a few minutes earlier and Marinette had made sure everything was the way it was supposed to be. But then Chloe ruined everything.

She'd sent Sabrina up to her table and threw a whole vial of blue liquid into her beaker. Adrien had turned around to wave at her and in that moment the beaker exploded. Bright pink goo flew out onto her clothes and tangled itself in her hair.

Chloe and Sabrina's obnoxious giggles were loud behind her table and Marinette's eyes had begun to water. The entire class was shocked, some of the boys laughing with Chloe while Adrien and Nino stared at her with pity in their eyes.

He pitied her. And Kitty Noir's temper grew tenfold.

Jumping off the rooftop to the outskirts of Chloe's pool, Kitty Noir twirled the baton in her hand and strolled towards the sleeping blonde. She was so intent on stealing Adrien from Marinette, but she wouldn't like it very much if she ending up stealing the precious bear from Chloe.

The blonde snored softly and using her sensitive ears, Kitty Noir snuck closer. Whenever her chest would stop rising or she'd grow too quiet, Kitty Noir would freeze. Then the blonde relaxed back into her routine snores and she grabbed the bear, gripping tightly on its stuffed arm.

She pulled it out of Chloe's grip, slowly and brought it to her own chest. With one last glare, Marinette turned around and jumped over the balcony into the night.

"I shouldn't have done that." said Marinette, burying her head in her hands. Plagg sat beside her on the railing with an expensive piece of Camembert in his tiny hands. He threw it up in the air and swallowed it whole, smiling as he did so.

"Well I tried." he replied, "I don't get the big deal anyway. If you're so guilty then just take it back. Problem solved."

Marinette brought her hands to her head, "I'm such a despicable person. What would people think if they saw Kitty Noir stealing the teddy bear of the Mayor's daughter? What would Lucky Bug think? What would Adrien think?"