Love in the Woods

Jane's POV

I wake up cold, like every other morning. Alone. I have girls around the pack just throwing themselves at me but that's not real. They only want me for my title. Alpha's daughter and soon to be Alpha. None of them are my mate. I don't know why they still continue to do this even after my constant rejection.

'Please Moon Goddess, I just want my mate.' After I send a quick prayer to the goddess of wolves I get up and get ready to go to training and prepare for another lonely day that I can only pray to be better than yesterday.

I walk into my conjoining bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. Short black hair, striking green eyes, button nose, high cheek bones, full pale pink lips, a small scar on my chin. Most would see a beautiful young woman but all I see is a lonely little girl. I have been to neighboring packs, in human towns and even Jagerbar land. I have yet to find my mate. I'm starting to think I don't have one. That my father will either marry me off, which he would never do because he loves me too much, or hand the title of Alpha over to a more able family. I couldn't imagine him even doing that. My family has been the Alpha line in this pack since the beginning. I need to find my mate. I can't let my elders down and bring shame upon our family name, Tearblood.

Jane Tearblood. That's my name. A six foot three dunce who can't even find her mate. I am not worthy of the Alpha title. If I wasn't an only child it should go to my sibling.

I get done in the bathroom after showering and such, I dress in a black Nike sports bra and black Calvin Cline boxer briefs. You must think it's rather weird for a girl to wear boxers and for that you must know I wasn't born like normal kids. Instead of being born in my human form like everyone else, I was born in my midnight black wolf form... with a penis. At first they all assumed I was male with my part but after a year I was able to change into my human form. Where my feminine features showed. People were of course baffled by me but my father refused to let that change anything. I was still the Alpha's child and next in line for the title. And I continued my next 17 years.

18, I was supposed to find my mate at 16.

"UGH!!" I yell out in frustration.

"Is everything ok Alpha?" Roderick my soon-to-be Beta asks me. Since in a few years time I'm also supposed to take over the title, so they already started calling me Alpha. I don't like it.

"Yeah. I'm fine. And stop calling me that, I'm not Alpha yet." I stop myself from frowning at him. He gives a nod,

"Training starts in about two hours, why are you up so early?" I look at the clock on my stand and it says 3:54 am.

"Couldn't sleep." It wasn't a full lie, I really couldn't. My wolf was stirring all night and he won't tell me what's wrong.

'Conall what is going on? Why do you feel so restless?'

'I don't know Jane. I've just been feeling off the past few days. *sigh*' Conall explains.

'Ok. Let's go for a run, maybe that will calm you Conall.' I suggest and he nods but I can see his tail wagging, he likes the idea. I smile at this.

I put on some basketball shorts and go to my balcony. I look at the almost rising sun on the horizon and breathe deep. My lungs filling with the chilling morning air. And with this I jump.

I shift in to Conall, a 9ft midnight black wolf midair. As soon as I land on my paws I take off in to the forest. Jumping, weaving and running the fastest I can through the trees and bushes. About 30 minutes of nonstop running, even though I'm not really tired, I stop by a stream I've found when patrolling.