Prologue

John was walking down the road. He was walking to Alexander’s house, or his boyfriend’s house, he wanted to surprise him, since it was Alex’s birthday. He was shivering, but continued to walk, all he had for protection was, a coat. He smiled, John and Alexander had a healthy relationship. Well, that was what he thought at least. Truth be told, Alexander had a lover that John had no clue about. Her name was Elizabeth “Eliza” Schuyler, one of John’s closest friends. Peggy, John’s other best friend, found out a few days ago, she wanted to tell John but, Eliza wasn’t that nice with her sibling. She threatened that if she dared tell anyone, she would hurt John, Peggy, and a girl that she had fallen in love with, and was dating Maria Lewis. And so Peggy kept her mouth shut. Although she didn't tell anyone, Peggy would scold her and Alexander. But, Eliza would just slap her and tell her hurtful things. Angelica, Another of John’s friend, had found out as well. But Eliza was capable of anything with Peggy, but Alexander...He threatened her that he would tell Thomas Paine that she liked him, and that he would ruin her reputation, “He’ll find out one day! He’ll find out, and you'll regret everything!” Both Peggy and Angelica had once yelled at them. And there John was helplessly and clueless walking down the sidewalk to see his boyfriend.

If Only He Knew..

[A/N]: Poor John :'( Well,this is my very first story. So, it could be bad, and feel free to leave suggestions!!!

Word count, with only story: 243
Word count, with story, author note, and word count: 281