2005 cont'd

The first time FP Jones confronted his wife about her infidelity, it had been an excruciatingly long three weeks since his twenty ninth birthday when Nerys Miller had skipped town.

FP had done quite a bit of thinking, in addition to even more drinking, and he had decided that enough was enough. He knew in the back of his mind that he was just struggling to cope with his secret heartbreak while simultaneously grieving the loss of his closest and longest running friendship, but he couldn't shake the feeling that Gladys had somehow been instrumental in Nerys' leaving.

FP couldn't rid himself of the belief that his apparently bitter and jaded wife had seemed all too happy to send his friend away, even if it meant losing her own sister and breaking up their family.

It brought on a new flavour of despair for FP. He wasn't just broken up about it, he was now inconsolably furious. How could Gladys do that to him? How could she do it to their son? Was she truly incapable of loving other people? Did she just really hate their all being happy together *that* much?

To add insult to injury, FP learning about her extramarital activities from overheard gossip at the Wyrm would finally be the straw to break the camels back.

An opportunity presented itself when Jughead was scheduled to be having a sleepover with Archie one night, and a fuming FP would not waste a single moment of them having a childless evening.

Whenever she finally made her way home that night, Gladys *would* be coming clean to him, and she sure as hell was going to officially decide on whether she'd like to remain his wife - as a faithful and loving one, only, or hit the curb side as a single woman free to do as she pleases with whom ever she pleases.

FP would slowly sip his beer, trying to pace himself as he watched the clock in anticipation. He wasn't going to let her string him along any further. He was sure, this was going to be *it*.

~ ~ ~

As the evening would later unfold, it seemed that it was not in fact, going to be *it* for FP and his stand for complete truth and ultimatums.

At the first sign of conflict, Gladys raised her voice right back and quickly chose to fight his fire with her own. She would allude to cheating but wouldn't come right out and confess to him. She would then taunt him with the vagueness of it and as a defense mechanism, would go on to question his manhood and virility instead.

Despite the evening not going according to plan, FP had always been drawn to Gladys' spark, and like a moth to a flame, it wasn't long before he found his hands roughly reaching out for her form and pulling her close.

Even after a knock at the door revealed a man asking for her and looking surprised to see FP home and standing in the doorway, all it did was fan the flames in FP's gut.

"She's not going out with you, and you're sure as fuck not coming in. Now beat it!" With another sip of his drink, FP turned on his heel and kicked the door shut.

Reaching out again, he found his hands gripping the pronounced flare of her hips. FP noticed his notoriously outspoken wife was quiet.

"You're still mine, you know. That dirtbag had a lot of nerve coming here. Knocking on our door. Knocking on MY door." His hands traced her waist, moving with more confidence as he became comfortable holding her again.

"You are still my wife, Mrs. Jones. My wife. My supposed other half. The mother of my son-"

"Okay." FP couldn't believe the single hushed word came out of her mouth but there it was.

"Okay?" FP repeated back to her incredulously. Where was the fight? Where was the fire? Who was this quiet, agreeable woman?

"You want your wife, well I want my husband. You're the father of my son. You're supposed to be my other half, too. It's just us now. There will never be a better time to start over than now."

The implication of her words would bring on a new wave of sadness that ripped through FP's core. He couldn't let it pass, so he mustered the strength to ask her outright.

"Was sending Nerys away, your idea? Tell me the truth." Gladys' eyes were glued to the floor. It felt like an eternity before she finally spoke.

"No. But I did agree that she was better suited for the project over you. I'll admit it, I wanted you to stay home with us. We need you here." Gladys stepped closer to him and ran a gentle hand down the side of his stubbled face. FP was not expecting such an answer.

"I need you. I need my husband." Gladys intertwined her fingers with his and ran them along her torso. She looked up at him and a slight smirk appeared.

"So...are you mad at me?" Their joined fingers reached her bust and with her guidance, began to squeeze. FP's eyes widened at her sudden brazenness.

"Uh, a little. Yeah." FP realized he was holding his breath as he felt his mind slip away from his body. He leaned forward to curl around her.

"Good. Be mad. Just don't be distant." Gladys lightly slapped the side of his jaw with her palm before gripping onto the front of his shirt and yanking him forward.

"It's been a long time, hasn't it?" Her eyebrows went up as she grinned at him.

"Uh, yes..." FP answered in a sheepish tone, his face growing hot.

"Well then, let's fix that Mr. Jones! That man came to your door looking to entertain your wife!"
FP pulled back and was confused by her mentioning the random suitor.

"Where you going with this, Gladys?"
He sighed and crossed his arms.

"That man wanted to touch me Forsythe! He wanted to put his hands all over me. Your wife!"

"Gladys..." FP cut her off and looked down at her sternly. He didn't want to think about other men touching his wife. He could feel the flames building within him again.

"Don't you want to know what he said to me? Don't you want to know what he was going to do to me? He wanted to know what I tasted like. He told me he wanted to mark me up from head-to-toe so everyone would know that I'd been had."

"That's enough!" FP couldn't stand another word. He leapt forward and grabbed at Gladys with more force than he'd ever used before.

"You want to be marked? You want everyone to know you've been had?! Fine. But I will be the only one getting to taste you, got that?"
FP's hands and mouth were trying to cover every inch of her exposed skin. He was determined to make good on his word. It seemed that had been Gladys' intention with her little charade, as her every breathy moan and giggle egged him on further.

Like a man possessed, he would go on to aggressively claim back his wife's body from the neighbourhood for himself.

For the first time in almost two years, FP Jones was physically intimate with his wife. They would fall asleep together, and awaken the next morning together which made FP hope that it would help correct their previous path of distant awkwardness and lead them back to a sense of familial normalcy.

But it would seem that the unexpected moment of passion wouldn't be the only thing "unplanned" for the Jones'. It would take several days before the realization would dawn on either of them, but FP and Gladys had not been prepared with any form of birth control.

Within a month of their reconciliation, FP would learn he was
going to be a father again.
He couldn't believe it. They were going to be a family of four, once more.