"The Groom of Rosenberg..." Prologue, Parts I-V

Archived at the Buffy Rebecca verse (there are pictures.  )...

PG-13.  One or two violent scenes. 

Disclaimer: All BTVS characters remain the property of Joss Whedon, MutantEnemy, and all other owner/creators of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. 

Summary: Just for fun.  I wanted to do a big creation scene in Sunnydalopolis but a "Bride of Frankenstein" scene couldn't quite work.  So.  Since "Bride" is one of my favorites...

An alternate season 5 ending. 

Willow resurrects Buffy the hard way.  The really hard way. 

With results not very pleasing to our reanimated Slayer. 

Yeah, another Cicelyverse story. 

Prologue. 

An evening in 1891.  Darkness.  We vaguely see a large English manor house appearing out of the mists.  Well isolated from intruding eyes. 

A heavy rainstorm, accompanied by severe gusts of wind, punctuated by blasts of thunder and lightning tears the fabric of night. 

But the glow of a warm and cheery fire is spied through a large side window.  We hear strains of music playing as we move up to that window.  And see, scattered in chairs about the large fireplace.  Angelis, Spike, and diligently working at needlepoint...Drusilla. 

All in rather elegant clothes of the era. 

Angelis strides to the window, looking out at the storm. 

"What a marvelous night!."   he exults.   "Mother Nature at her worst.  While we three.  We elegant three safe within." 

Yeah.  Spike notes, whispering to Dru.  And when Darla gets back from having to hunt on her own in this weather.  Mother Nature's wrath won't begin to compare. 

"I should like to think that an irate Jehovah was aiming those thunderbolts directly at me.  At the unbowed head of Angelis."   Angelis continues grandiosely.  Peering out into the fierce storm. 

Ireland's greatest sinner...he gloats. 

Spike rolls his eyes, grinning at Drusilla. 

"But, I mustn't be too quick.  Perhaps these represent an accolade for our dear William. 

Heaven's applause for England's worst poet."   Angelis eyes William, sneering. 

Spike snarles at him. 

A distinguished butler, human enters, forcing Spike to cut short his challenge.  Good servants being just too precious to kill. 

Angelis nods to him and the butler sets out a tray, glasses, and a bottle of the master's "special" vintage. 

"Well."   Spike glares at Angelis as the butler leaves. 

"What of my Drusilla then?"

She is an angel,  Angelis leers. 

As long as Darla insisted on being out on hunt for the evening, he can hope to get away with a pass or two. 

"You think so?" Dru smiles up at him from her work. 

"Come, Dru.  Come and watch the storm."   Angelis moves to her. 

"You know how lightning alarms me."   Dru notes.  Looking to William. 

"Spike, dear? Would you light these candles.  All of them?"   Dru pleads. 

He rises.  And begins lighting...