CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Lenalee Lee’s POV

I took a bite of the sandwich Tear made. “Well? Does it suit to your tastes?” she asks. I nodded and took another bite. It’s delicious! We just chatted until we reached our destination, Pawns’ Town.

“So this is Pawns Town.”

“Yeah, we should walk a little further and we’ll reach the town plaza.”

“Sure.”

We started walking until we reached the plaza. At the center of the plaza, there stood a beautiful statue. It was a statue of a young girl/lady with angelic wings on her back.

“It’s beautiful.” - Tear

“Yes, she was the town’s guardian.” We looked back and saw a man in a coat.

“Welcome to Pawns Plaza. I’m the town’s captain, Captain Rodriguez.” He held out his hand.

“I’m Lenalee and she’s Tear. We’re Exorcists of the Order.” I introduced.

“Uhm, can you tell us more about the guardian?” Tear asked.

“Of course. She was called ‘Heaven’s Queen’ because of her angelic appearance and her wonderful personality. The Queen protected this town and we built a statue of her here to honor her. It was rumored that she has descendants in this town.”

“Really? I wonder who they are.” – Tear said and looked back at the statue.

“Anyway, what brings the two of you here?” - Captain

“Well, someone told us that there are cases of missing people here. We’ll try to find them.”

“Yes. It all began two weeks ago. The first case was a missing 30 year old woman and then other people ranging from different ages started to disappear. The oldest is around 45 and the youngest is only about 2 years old.” – he said.

“Were there any traces of where they disappeared?” – Tear asked.

“None. But all of them were gone in the morning so all of them disappeared at night.” – Captain.

“I see. Well then, kindly in form the others to stay in their homes when night fall. We’ll try to find the missing people.”

“I really hope that you’ll find them alive. Alright, I’ll inform them.”

Time Skip: Later that evening

Normal POV

Everyone were in their houses and all were awake. Tear told them that there is a chance that they would need to leave and evacuate the town. Right now, Tear and Lenalee are patrolling around the town.

Tear Sonata’s POV

I finished my round and I contacted Lenalee. “Lenalee-san? I’m done patrolling. How’s yours?” I asked. There was no response. I tried again and again but there was no response.

Worried, I ran to her station and saw Lenalee-san on the ground. “Lenalee-san!” I yelled. I ran towards her and checked her pulse, and thank goodness that she’s only unconscious. “Oh? What’s this?” I heard someone talking and when I looked back I saw… a little girl? But why is her skin gray? And what’s she doing out here?

“Who are you?”

“I’m the one who started the kidnapping. I’m the one who caused your little friend to fall unconscious. I’m the enemy of the Order.”

“Who are you?!”

“My name’s… Road.”