Prologue~A Letter

The sound of a frying pan rung through the large kitchen, the smell of food reaching across the rooms around the man in the kitchen. The hot stove radiated head, causing Severus's hand to slightly sweat against the pan, but that was normal.

The slight pitter patter of footsteps caught the mans attention, making him look behind him, only to see his 10 year old daughter standing in the large arch way of the kitchen. Her small frame wore an oversize shirt that reached almost down to her knees, making her look smaller than she really was. (E/c) eyes stared up at black eyes, with sleep still in the corners. (H/c) hair was all tangled up into knots, that will be a pain to brush out.

"(Y/n), what are you doing up so early? It's not even 7 yet." Severus said, picking up his daughter and held her in his arms.

"I smelled bacon and eggs, and I wanted to come get it when it was fresh." She yawned, still tired, but wanting to get the food while it was still cooking. She looked all the more adorable with her sleepy face, that was one of Severus many weaknesses.

"It's not finished yet hon, just rest at the table and I'll serve you your food when it's finished." Snape said, setting the girl on one of the kitchen chairs, and went to make sure the eggs and bacon didn't burn.

(Y/n) ended up falling asleep at the table, head in her arms and (h/c) sprawled out across the large marble table, which made her father chuckle. He put a plate of eggs and bacon in front of her, and woke up the sleeping girl.

A sudden thud grabbed the attention of the family, which confused the Snapes greatly. Serverus moved slowly towards the window, when something flew up, and they both realized it was the family bat.

"Why is Promise out there? I thought he liked coming out at night." (Y/n) said, walking to the window, and slid the clear glass to the side to let the bat inside the house.

"He does, but he has a letter, see?" Serverus said, taking the letter from the bat and letting him sleep on the marble table. Serverus examines the letter, before he saw the wax seal on the back. A smile graced his lips.

"Dad? What is it?" (Y/n) asked, trying to see the envelope that was in her fathers hand, but he was too tall for her to see the wax seal.

"It's just a letter, and guess where you'll be going." He said, giving the letter to his daughter.

(Y/n) stared at it, then a wide smile spread across her mouth. "Hogwarts!"