Chapter 19~Birthday Surprise

"Ready to be going back to Hogwarts?" Severus asked his daughter, walking with her so he could drop her stuff off. He carried one of her luggage bags, while she was carrying a book bag with the books she had gotten back in Diagon Alley, and a few other things that she was going to need for school. There was just some quills, paper, and a few other things that would entertain her.

The Snape family went back to their home after (Y/n) went to Diagon Alley, and spent the rest of the summer at her home, helping her father get a few things prepared for the school. They did go to the beach a couple of times, even though Severus didn't really like all the bright sky and sunny days, he would do it for his daughter. They also went to a carnival. (Y/n) liked/disliked the rides, so she would either be on one, or eating food with her father.

"Yeah. I can't wait." (Y/n) smiled, dropping off her book bag, while her father had dropped off her luggage. She was really excited to be going back to school. "And my Birthday is today. I can't wait to see what my friends might have planned."

"Who knows." Severus said, walking behind his daughter as they were walking back to get onto the train. There were a lot of familiar faces that she saw, some she didn't talk to, other she wouldn't have guessed was that person cause they looked so different, even if it was just one year.

"Father, do you think anyone had remembered my birthday?" (Y/n) asked, looking up from her father. Some of the people that she had talked to, weren't even saying happy birthday, even though she wrote a letter about it. Some dind't even say hi when she walked right in front of them.

"Some people may not know it is your birthday, darling. You will just have to wait and see." Severus said, patting his daughter gently on the head, really hoping someone would cheer her up by just saying it one time. Seeing her sad on her own Birthday saddened him.

"I really hope the Golden Trio at least knows." (Y/n) sighed, really hoping they would. They were some of her best friends after all. If they didn't say Happy Birthday to her, she would defiantly not show her face to them for a while.

"I'm sure they will say something." Severus said, leading his daughter into the train, in the teachers compartment. "As a birthday gift, I will let you ride in the teachers part of the train today. It's much better than the student compartments. Trust me, I remember."

"I guess." (Y/n) sighed, really happy about her father letting her sit in in the teachers compartments, but she did want to see her friends, but this was a gift form her father. There was no way she would turn a gift down, no matter how boring or bad it may be.

The train ride was not as bad as (Y/n) thought it was going to be. A few of the teachers were helping her learn some new magic tricks, while she also played cards with her father. She managed to beat Professor Sprout in a game Wizards Chess, but then her butt got whooped right after.

She was still unhappy about her friends not coming to say happy birthday to her. But she then remembered she was in the teachers compartment, so it made her feel a bit better to know a main reason why.

The train soon pulled into Hogwarts Station, and (Y/n) left with her father. She soon joined the rest of the kids who were heading up to the castle.

"(Y/n)! Over here!" A familiar voice caught the girls attention, and she looked to the side to see Hermione, Ron, Harry, Percy, Neville, and the twins all standing there, with their hands behind their backs.

The girl gave them a suspicious look, and walked over to her friends. They sill seemed to be trying to hide smiles on their faces. Well, Hermione, Harry, and Neville tried hiding the smiles. The Weasleys didn't even bother hiding it, they always had something up their sleeves.

"Is there something wrong? Are you guys going to play a prank on me or-" The girl was about to ask a few more questions on her friends odd behaviors, until she was cut off.

"HAPPY BITHDAY!!!!" All of them shouted, holding out gifts for the Slytherin girl. They all head big smiles on their faces, happy this surprise went as planned.

The girl covered her mouth, a wide grin plastered onto her face. Her eyes were starting to produce tears of happiness. She hugged them all, crying of the happiness and warmth that filled her heart.

"Thank you so much!!!" The girl yelled between the sobs of happiness. "You guys are the best!!"

"So they surprised you?" X asked her friend, sucking on a licorice wand she got from her older brother, Baihe. "That was real nice of em."

Both girls were walking around, which took X a while to convince the girl to go with her. It wasn't curfew, but X got permission from Severus to wander around if cufew rolled around.

"Yeah. Aside from you, they are the only ones who said happy birthday." (Y/n) said, also eating a licorice wand. "Hermione gave me some muggle books, which I find quite interesting. The twins gave me prank supplies, be prepared for that. Nevill has given me an adorable plushie of a snake. It was absolutely adorable. Ron gave me a couple of new quills and some drawing stuff. Harry gave me a bracelet with Gryffindor and Slytherin colors. Percy just have me a few books on some stuff, which I will read, and surely get bored of."

X giggled, thinking about how her best friend had to carry all of those gifts all the way to the Dorm room before she had to go to the Great Hall to eat the dinner. If that was her, she would have to force her brother help her with carrying all that stuff.

"Yeah. But shouldn't we head back to the common room? Filch might try and make us get a detention." (Y/n) said, starting to think she heard slight meows coming from somewhere, which meant it was Mrs. Norris.

X looked at the time, a small smirk growing on her face. She tried hiding it from her friend, and whipped it off, before speaking. "Ok. Let's go."

X and (Y/n) walked back to the common room, and the entire place was dead quiet, and no lights. The fire place wasn't even burning, and the paintings weren't moving.

"X? What's going on? Is this a drill?" (Y/n) asked, unsure if the current situation was just a prank or something. But it wasn't like Slytherins were ones to do pranks like this, and there really wasn't any kind of drill that they had to go through for a lock down.

The lights suddenly flickered on, and it appeared a whole bunch of people poped out of the darkness.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!" The sounds of many voices made the girl so surprised, she fell over on the floor, really not expecting what was happening.

There, stood Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, X, Baihe, her father, and few of the Hogwarts staff who were all smiling at the girl. Even her Gryffindor friends are there, but there are a few more people than there were before at the platform.

The girl started to cry even more than she had earlier that day, so happy to be seeing all her friends and family wishing her a happy birthday. They didn't forget, they just threw a surprise party!