Chapter 13~Malfoy Manor

"(Y/n). Wake up." A stern voice rang trough the girls dorm room. It was relatively quite now that all the students are gone. If you dropped a golf ball in the halls, the sound bounces off the halls.

(Y/n) opened her eyes, but was only met by darkness. That's was a downfall to having a dorm under the Black Lake. She propped herself up, and looks to her right to see her father standing there. He was still wearing his normal black robes, which told (Y/n) he was either working or had to go somewhere for work.

"Yes father?" She yawned in response. The dried up sleep in her eyes bothered her, making the girl wiped her eyes.

"We will be going to Malfoy Manor. I need to talk to Mr. Malfoys parents about his grades from your first year. They wanted to talk to me, wanting a little advice on how his grades can improve." His voice wasn't as monotone now that it was just him and his daughter at the moment. It was still stern, but not as stern as it was before. He was more relaxed, now that he had summer vacation, and wasn't dealing with Seamus trying to make something explode.

It's been only a couple of weeks since school had ended. She spent most of the third week getting all her summer homework over with, not wanting to deal with it near the end of summer vacation. The bad part for her, was that her father didn't help her, saying she had to do all the research herself, even though some of the books didn't say the answer she needed. A few other days, she would be talking to all the paintings at the Grand Staircase. There were a lot of stories to tell, so she was never bored. She even help clean around the school and help her family (Hogwarts faculty) start to prepare for the next year.

"Ok. How long will we be staying there?" She asked, stretching her arms over her head, getting the stiffness out of her joints. She felt a satisfying pop from her stiff shoulder.

"A couple of days. When we arrive, it will be nearly night, so we will stay over at their place. We will stay till the afternoon the next day, and then we will be heading home." Severus said, casting the Lumos spell. The dark room lit up brightly.

"So I'll be putting Midnight back into her cage?" She asked, waking up her small black bat, who was currently hanging upside down on the bed frame.

"No. It will be fine since it will only be us traveling. Now, get packed, meet me down stairs for breakfast, and we shall leave to go to Malfoy Manor." Severus instructed, his teacher instincts kicked in. He walked out of the dorm room to go get some breakfast.

(Y/n) giggled at her fathers teacher instincts. It was a force of habit of his due to him having to instruct kids for a living. That was something she's been applauding her father for for a long time now.

Draco was getting changed quickly, throwing on a short sleeved button up shirt with a black tie, while also wearing some black jeans. He slicked his hair back like he had done in first year. His ears had caught the voices of his mother and father down the hall, expecting the Snape family to be coming over for a couple of days, which made Draco happy. He was excited to see (Y/n) after a couple of weeks.

The two had been exchanging letters for quite a while, and he had to lie to her saying the kiss on the cheek was merely a goodbye and friendly kiss on the cheek. He was never going to tell her the reason for that kiss. If he was going to tell her, he would crawl in a hole and die.

"Draco? You are awake already?" Narcissa asked her son, a smile on her face as she watched him stare at himself in the mirror. Reminded her what her husband used to do for hours before they went on a date, and then they end up being late.

Draco didn't even realize his mother was standing at the entry way to his large room. A perk of being wealthy and high class apparently. His room had a large bed with black sheets and a silver blanket draped onto the bed. Large curtains blocked the sunlight from flowing into the room, since Draco was usually still asleep at that time. A large walk in closet was on the opposite side of the room where the bed was, along with a large mirror next to the door, so Draco could see if the outfit he chose was a good one.

"Yes. I woke up early, and I heard you and father talking. (Y/n) and Professor Snape are coming over." A smile was on the 12 year old boys face. He was so happy to be seeing his crush again, but there was no way he was going to be telling his family about his major crush on the Snape girl. His mother would never let her live it down.

"Yes. We will be expecting them later in the day. They are coming straight from Scotland, all the way to London to come see us." Narcissa said, smiling at how happy her only child was when he talked about (Y/n). "They should be coming here around 3 o'clock. So I want you ready to greet them."

Draco had been talking to his mother about (Y/n), and it was quite obvious to her, that her son had a major crush on the young pure-blood. She knew those faces he made, the same one she caught her husband with when they were younger. She thought it was adorable how her son was just starting to find someone that brought him happiness.

"Ok mother." Draco said, looking back at himself in the mirror to make sure that he had looked presentable for his crush. He slicked his hare back a little more, making sure to grab the hairs that stood out from them. He fixed his tie and top, making sure there wasn't a single wrinkle in it.

His mother smiled before going down to the kitchen, where her husband was sipping on some tea while reading the Daily Prophet. She kept telling her husband there was nothing but lies in those, but he never seemed to listen.

"I believe your son has a crush on someone." She smiled, making some tea for herself. She knew what he was going to start asking questions about them. She didn't care who her son liked, if they made her son happy, then she didn't care about their blood-status or house.

"And why do you think it is?" Lucius asked his wife, looking at her. He had his usual serious face, one that Draco had to grow up seeing his entire life. "And do we know who the family is, right?"

"(Y/n) Snape. She's the daughter of Professor Snape. She's a pure-blood, Slytherin, what more do you want about this girl?" Narcissa asked her husband, a slight frown forming on her face. Personally, she adored the Snape familiy.

"Hm. Not bad. She has a high position with her father being a teacher at the school, and a connection to Dumbledore." Lucius was thinking of what Narcissa had said about the child. She was Slytherin, which was a check in his book. The dear girl was also a pure-blood, which was only the cherry on top of the cake.

"It is quite hard to believe Severus Snape had found a lover, and then a daughter. Where is his wife?" Lucius asked, looking back at his newspaper, nothing really interesting to him had popped up.

"Lucius. Don't you remember?" Narcissa asked, lightly slamming her tea cup onto the marble counter. A frown was plastered onto her face. She looked like she was about to explode with anger, which was so out of character for her. "He married (mothers name), my best friend remember? They got a divorce not long after (Y/n) was born. (mothers name) was also your friend. How could you forget?"

"I don't pay attention to something that doesn't concern me." Lucius said, sipping his tea, unfazed by the outburst his wife. "When we had graduated, there was no reason for me to even pay attention to Severus or his wife."

Draco was sitting on the white marble stairs, his hand over his mouth. Thoughts had run through his head like a mall, every person was a thought running around everywhere, never staying in one place. "Her mother is (mothers name)? Why would they get the divorce? Did she not care for (Y/n)? Did Severus do something to cause this? Is she in contact with her mother? Does (Y/n) know how her mother is?"

"It should concern you! She became a Death Eater remember! She had put her own husband and daughter at risk by joining Voldemort! They're lucky she didn't come after them!" He heard his mother yell, anger was boiling in her face. "That girl is more danger than that Potter boy! If the Dark Lord does come back, then (M/n) is going to do what she wanted!"

"And what does she want?" This had caught Lucius attention. The mention of Voldemort really had him reeled in, but the fact that (Y/n) is (mothers name) daughter. He believed his wife when she said Draco had a crush on the girl, and he didn't want the only chance for his son to have true happiness, slip away from him from forces he can not control.

"To get rid of (Y/n)."