• Chapter 1 •

Bae Na-Ri's POV
"Yah, wake up."

I open my eyes that can barely open at the moment and saw Bae Jinyoung, my older brother who was standing besides my bed with a confused look.

"Give me five more minutes please."

"We're gonna be late for school, so get up!"He yells in my ear.

I jump up and scream. Jinyoung starts to laugh at me as he goes out of my room.  I get up from my bed and get ready for school.  After that, I go downstairs and see Jinyoung waiting for me at the door.  I quickly grab my backpack and we left our house. We start to walk to school and I notice he was standing too close to me and I hate it when people do that.

"Are you doing that on purpose?"I asks Jinyoung.

"What? Standing close to you? Yeah,"He answers.

"Why?"

"To teach you a lesson of not waking up when I ask."

Jinyoung got even closer and closer to me.  I groan in anger as we continue to walk closer to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finally arrive at school and I see my friend, Park Jihoon.  I run up to him and give me a big hug.

"Na-Ri!"I hear Jihoon say as he hugs me back.

"Can't you two just date already?"I hear a voice behind me.

I look behind me to find Jinyoung with a disgusted face.  Jihoon laughed and we all start to go to our class.  I walk to my class that all the way at the end of the school.  It takes me a good 2 minutes to arrive to my class and when I did arrive, I saw my two best friends, Kim Sohye and Jung Chaeyeon.  I put my backpack in my locker and then I run to them and give them a hug.  I sit in my seat and we start to talk.

"I heard there is a new student,"Chaeyeon says.

"That's right, I heard he was a foreign exchange student,"Sohye says.

"Really?"I asks.

They both nod as they turned around to get ready for class. I start to doze off because of how sleepy I am.

SNAP!!!

I heard a noise and I stopped dozing off. I turn to my right to see a guy that I never saw before.

"Is anyone sitting here?"He asks in English.

He pointed at the seat behind me. I'm not good at English. I only know basic English like hello or yes or no or something around that. I can converse with someone in English, but not really.

"No,"I answer in English.

He sat down in the seat and I turned around to talk to him.

"Are...you-new in here?"I asks in English.

"Yes, it's my first day,"He answers.

"Do you know how to speak Korean?"

"A little bit."

"Where are you from?"I asks in Korean.

"Taipei, Taiwan,"He answers in Korean.