Prologue - Young Dreams

Dedicated to lolacuca
Who supported my idea first
Enjoy :)

   "Come on, Elkie! We're almost there!"

   The white tiger racing alongside the Super growled, muscles under her striped pelt flowing with almost liquid fluidity as she picked up speed. The Super felt ice coating her hands as she chased the shadow ahead of her, determined not to let her target get away from her again.

   With her ice blue cape flying in the wind behind her, running at supernatural speeds and with a tiger alongside her, she felt unstoppable. It was a feeling she loved, a feeling that gave her purpose. She was supposed to be a hero, to save people. It was what she was born to do.

The shadow ahead darted around a corner into a dead end alleyway, and quickly spun around to go the other way, but the Super and Elkie the tiger cornered it before it had a chance to leave.

"We've got you now, Cobra!" The Super smiled victoriously, even as the shadow morphed into the form of her arch nemesis.

A man with the head of a black cobra, glimmering red eyes, clawed, scaly hands, and a cloak that made him look like a vampire, he should've intimidated the two heroes. The shadows swirling around him like black flame should've sent them running. He'd certainly scared the life out of everyone else he's faced. Unfortunately for him, these two particular heroes weren't fazed.

Elkie growled again, taking a step towards the snake man, and he hissed.

"Ssstay back, you two, of you know what'sss good for you!" His voice was, well, what you'd imagine a snake would sound like if they could talk. Like a blade over glass, a soft sound that hid a deeper, underlying threat.

"Not this time," said the Super, stepping forward as well. "You have one weakness, and that's the fact that your blood is as cold as your heart." Ice coated her hands again, a sharp crack whipping through the air as ice crystals formed up her arms.

The snake man backed up. "Sssstop! I will bring the wrath of a thousssand angry sssuns upon you if you even dare touch me!"

"It's too late for that, Cobra. You've hurt too many people for me to let you get away again." She reached out, aiming an icy blast at the villain.

"Noooooo!"

But just as the Super was about to claim her victory, a new opponent joined the fight.

"Oh, not you too," the Super sighed.

The villain growled. He wasn't even human, but rather a giant, irritated blob. With slimy pink skin and two little notches for eyes, he reminded the Super of a giant, misshapen bar of soap that someone had tried to carve a face into. Tiny, not so terrifying claws poked out of the lumps he used for hands.

Elkie growled, claws extended in a clear warning to stand down. The Super just grinned, anticipating a fight now.

   The soap villain screeched, literally bubbling in anger, and the snake man spread his cobra hood, baring his shining white fangs in a fierce hiss.

   The two groups rushed each other, claws against claws, ice against fire, ready for the fight ahead...

"Seongmin! It's time for bed!"

Cho Seongmin, the seven year old superhero obsessor, was pulled from her fantasy world and back to reality as her mother called out to her.

"Aw, Mom, Qyn and Elkie were about to defeat the villains!"

Seongmin's mother looked down at the figurines on the floor. A tiny blue superhero, a white tiger, a little clay snake man Seongmin had made from clay, and a wet, pink bar of soap were scattered in various places.

"Were you carving designs into my soap bar again?"

"He's not an ordinary soap bar! He's a villain!" Seongmin picked up the soap bar in her stubby child hands, showing off the angry face she'd drawn on it with a toothpick. Her mother couldn't help but laugh.

"Well, why don't we mark this story as 'To be continued?'" It's past your bedtime."

Seongmin looked reluctantly at the figures of her childhood dreams.

"Can I at least defeat the soap villain?"

Seongmin's mother laughed again, going down on her knees and setting the soap bar on the tiled floor. She watched with a gentle smile as her daughter picked up the tiny white tiger, slamming it into the soap bar. It slid across the tiled floor with a squeak, and Seongmin's mother picked it up, setting it on the counter.

Seongmin gathered her other figures, going to her room and setting them on her windowsill for the night. As her mother tucked her into bed, she asked the question running through her mind.

"Mom?"

"Yes, Seongmin?"

"Do you think I can be a superhero, one day?"

Her mom didn't say anything for a moment. Of course, she knew it wasn't going to happen. But, looking at her daughter's innocent, hopeful face, she couldn't let her down. Smiling, she said a single sentence, one that would stick with Seongmin for the rest of her life.

"You know, I think anything is possible if you believe in your dreams hard enough."

As Seongmin drifted off into a world of dreams later that night, the last thing she saw was Qyn, the ice hero, smiling confidenntly at her from her place on the windowsill. Smiling, she closed her eyes.

Her last thought that night was her mother's words, spinning through her mind like a hopeful breeze.

I will believe, she thought.

...

Okay. I know this was kind of short and obviously none of the actual members of BTS have been introduced yet, but that will all come about soon. I just wanted to add in a little background chapter to introduce the main character, so there you go. :)
This prologue also contains a LOT of info that may or may not be important to the story later, so remember this moment! 🤣
I hope you all enjoyed, and be prepared for the first actual chapter to be published soon! Until then, have a fantastic day my fellow humans, and I will see y'all in the next chapter.
Byyyeeee!
~ MineCat57 🌺

By the way, I added Go Go in at the top just because 😂
I generally have one of their songs stuck in my head, I'll put which one at the top of the chapters :P