Chapter 5 - Coffee

Song of the Day:
Coffee
(Coincidentally, this song was stuck in my head when I decided to post this so eyy *le snap and finger guns*)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Seongmin woke up, wondering if the night before hadn't been a dream. It's would've made more sense than what had apparently actually happened.

   After being rolled away by Skateboard-J,
going so fast that the wind had blown tears from her eyes, she's been dropped off at her house, where J had shifted back into a human form, smiling and bowing to her politely. He'd watched her go into the house, refusing to leave until she was safely inside.

That night, as per usual, while she was sitting and staring at the wall contemplating what had just happened, she felt that uncomfortable sensation of eyes upon her, and just sighed, ignoring it.

Now, walking to work having actually left on time for once, she felt oddly calm, despite the fact that she had come face to face with a real villain just the night before.

   She must have been tired.

   Her boss actually looked surprised that she was there early. Wow, thanks, Seongmin thought, going over her desk to begin her day. On the way, however, she caught sight of Chihun, and seeing as she had a few minutes to spare, she went over to apologise. He was probably wondering why she hadn't ended up going to his house last night.

   Chihun saw her coming over and his eyes widened. He stood up quickly, looking down at her with concern.

   "Seongmin? Are you okay? What happened last night?"

   "Chihun, we need to talk," she said, pulling him into the nearby hallway, which was usually empty. After making sure no one was there, she looked Chihun dead in the eye, noticing how concerned he still looked.

   "You're acting kind of strange, Seongmin. What happened to you last night?" The worry in his eyes painted his words as well, and Seongmin found herself going soft.

   "Okay, don't freak out when I say this, okay?" Chihun nodded quickly, and she continued on. "I- I got attacked again last night."

   Chihun's eyes widened as Seongmin launched into her story, telling him about everything from meeting Black Rabbit again, to the spike villain's attack, and all the way up to getting dropped off at her house by J.

   "So I walked here this morning, and here I am. If my phone hadn't gotten blown up last night, of course I would've called you, but there wasn't really anything I could've done about it."

   "Seongmin," Chihun said, the concern gone. "What really happened last night?"

Seongmin stopped for a moment, confused. "I just told you what happened."

Chihun sighed. "Seongmin, if you did something embarrassing, you can tell me. You don't need to make up stories to cover yourself. I just want to know why you weren't there last night."

"Chihun, I- you don't believe me? I swear what I said is what went down! I would tell you if I did something embarrassing, you know that."

Chihun just shook his head. "You need to stop blaming your problems on these so called heroes and villains, Seongmin. Once you've gotten out of your seven year old mindframe, come talk to me."

He then turned and walked away, leaving Seongmin in utter disbelief. She stood for a good minute just staring at the wall where he her friend been standing a moment ago, wondering why on Earth he was suddenly not believing her story. Sure, it seemed far fetched, but hadn't he seen the news? Furthermore, hadn't he known her for long enough that he had built up trust with her? Didn't he know her at all, know she wouldn't make this up?