- competition -

a/n : e/c : eye color

Third Person POV

At Lunch 2 weeks later

Peter still couldn't believe that Y/N was Tony Stark's daughter. She was the child of his boss. Peter sighed. He still wanted Liz to be his partner in History. Liz was his crush for ages. But, he was kinda glad that Y/N was his partner, she was smart, kind, and took her work seriously, but she was still able to make jokes that made him explode with laughter. He liked Liz, of course he did, he had liked her for a year, but a part of his mind was stuck on Y/N.

"Hello? Peter?" Y/N said waving a hand in front of his face. Peter snapped out of his daze.
"Huh? What? Sorry?" Peter jumbled.

"I was asking how to try out for the decathlon. I want to try out with you guys remember?" Y/N stated.

"Oh, the tryouts are after school today," Peter mumbled, returning his gaze to the table ahead. Y/N looked at him worriedly. Was Peter was mad at her? She turned her head in the direction he was staring in and finally noticed why he was out of it. Liz Allen. He was staring at Liz Allen. Y/N sighed. She was honestly so sick of him drooling over Liz. They couldn't even hold a conversation when she was in the room.

"Hey, come to my house after the tryouts. We need to work on Foster's project. It's due in a few days" Y/N told a distracted Peter.

"Yeah, whatever," he mumbled. Y/N sighed and said bye to Ned, who mouthed a "sorry" to her. She walked out of the cafeteria and looked for MJ.

"Hey! MJ!" Y/N yelled. MJ turned around and smiled.

"What's up hoe?" MJ said, "I thought that you were with Parker?"

"I was," Y/N explained, "but he was too busy staring at Liz." MJ scoffed.

"You trying out for decathlon?" Y/N inquired.

"Yeah, you?" MJ asked in return. Y/N nodded.

After School

Y/N walked into the gym where the tryouts were going to take place. It was a format where students go face to face answering randomly picked questions. The quickest person with the correct answer got the point for the round. The questions are best out of three. The teacher in charge chooses who is going to be on the team and the results are announced right after the tryouts. Y/N sat in one of the open chairs next to MJ. She spots Peter with Liz. Of course. Flash is first to choose his opponent.

"Peter Parker." Flash chooses. Peter walks up to the podium. Flash chooses math as his subject for the questions.

"What is the square root of 5326?" the teacher asks. Flash loses his cocky smirk.

"72.9794492," Peter answers. Everyone cheers because he is correct. After 3 rounds, Peter is victorious. Peter and Flash both sit down. Liz is up next.

"Y/N Stark and I choose history," she states.
Y/N walks up to the podium and waits for the question.

"What caused the black death in Europe?" the teacher asks.

"Infected fleas on black rats caused the black death. Trade routes and seaports caused the spread of it throughout Europe." Y/N says. Liz looks at her, jaw dropped. Y/N is correct.

"What was the era after the black death and what does it mean, as well as what was sparked during that time?" the teacher inquired.

"The era was the Renaissance. Renaissance means, rebirth. It sparked the interest of art and learning in Europe, specifically, Italy." Y/N answered in a heartbeat. She got it correct.