Chapter fifty five

Liam's POV

The court case had started, and Lena was sicker than ever. She was constantly vomiting, running a high fever, and her whole body was weak. Harry was incredibly worried about her, and so was I. The doctor said she had the flu, and that the baby was fine. 

My baby was doing well too-in fact, I found out I'm having a boy. Lena and Harry didn't know yet. I remembered Lena had never found out rather Keira was a boy or a girl because she was depressed and needed something to look forward to. 

Dear God, that was a long time ago. Keira was nearly six years old, and Lena, who had been only eighteen when she got pregnant, was going on her twenty fourth birthday. I remembered the young, wide eyed, seventeen year old girl that looked across the seafood restaurant in Memphis all that time ago.  The shy, yet strong minded girl who was ripped out of a normal life and thrown into fame. What would have happened if I had never found her? 

Anyway, Harry was bringing Lena to my house. He had to appear in court today to talk about what happened the night they caught Theo in their house, and he was afraid to leave her by herself while she was so sick. I didn't blame him, Lena was so weak I didn't trust her to be alone. 

Speak of the devil, Harry opened my door and came inside, carrying Lena bridal style in his arms. She was grumbling something, probably about how she didn't want to be carried. I smiled. Some things never change. 

"Liam?" Harry called. 

"I'm here." I said, coming over to them and closing the door behind Harry. 

"Put me down." Lena muttered. 

"No, love." Harry said. 

"Liam, tell him I'm fine." she said to me. 

"You're sick, Lena. Let him take care of you." I said. 

"Here, let's just show Liam why you lost your walking privileges." Harry said, annoyed. 

He put her on her feet, steadying her, and then he released her. Lena glared at him a moment, took a step, and fell. Harry and I both caught her, each holding onto her arm. "Fucking hell!" Lena snapped, annoyed with herself. 

"I told you you're too weak." Harry said. 

"Fuck off." Lena hissed. 

Harry rolled his eyes. "Liam, I'm late. I need to go-have you got her?" he asked me. 

"I've always got her." I said. 

"Alright. I'm going. I love you Lena, even though you're acting ridiculously stubborn." Harry said. He kissed her cheek and forehead, nodded at me, and left. 

"Okay, come here." I said to my sister. 

"I can walk if you help me." Lena said. 

"Nope." I said. "I'm more stubborn than Harry." 

I scooped her up and carried her to my couch, setting her down. I felt her forehead and frowned. She still had a fever. 

I went and got her some water and gave it to her, and made her drink the whole glass. We watched TV for a bit, but Lena wasn't paying much attention. 

"What do you think you're having?" I asked her. "Maybe a boy?" 

She shrugged. "Harry hopes it's a girl." she said. 

"He has a girl." I said. 

"Well, he said because he missed out on so much of Keira's life-"she sent me sideways glance to let me know she hadn't forgotten that was my fault-"He wants another chance to raise a little girl." she said. 

"Raising a boy and a girl for the first six years is about the same, I'd imagine. He'll have all the girl-raising experience he can take when Keira becomes aware of cute boys." I said. 

"Oh, god." Lena groaned. 

"You never answered me." I said. 

"I don't know, I believe it could be a boy." she said. 

"What would you name a boy?" I asked. 

"I don't know." she said. 

"Didn't you and Ashton have a name picked out for Keira if she'd been a boy?" I asked.

Lena smiled sadly. "Harry." she said. 

"Oh, right. Because he was...yeah. I remember now." I said, not wanting to talk about when we thought Harry was dead. 

"Yeah. I don't want to have two Harrys." Lena said. 

"Well...what about Liam?" I asked. 

"I do not need two of you either." she said, rolling her eyes as I laughed. 

"Well..I'm out of ideas." I said. 

"Liam? That was your only idea?" she asked, smiling. 

"Sorry." I said. 

She shook her head. "I quite like the name James." she said, looking at the wall. "What goes good with James?" 

"Edward? Like Harry's middle name? Or Edward James, it works either way really." I said. 

"I'll ask Harry." she said. 

Spent, Lena leaned back on the couch and closed her eyes. 

Harry's POV

They didn't have a lot of questions for me at court. I told them what happened from when Lena came running downstairs with Keira to when the police arrived. Then I was free to go. Louis was here, and he and I decided to grab lunch and catch up since we hadn't talked much in a while. It was nice-I'd missed him.  He was doing well, as were his kids. We talked for well over and hour and a half when our conversation took a turn. 

"I think the band is done for good." Louis said suddenly. 

"Oh?" I asked. 

"I mean, Zayn left and it was never the same. We did that one performance for Lena but other than that none of us have made any attempt at anything to do with One Direction. Niall and Liam are doing solo careers, and you're acting. And that's not including the many One D babies being born in the near future." he said. 

"Well, perhaps you're right. But we're all still friends." I said. 

"Are we?" Louis asked. "I mean, I've barely seen any of the lads." 

"Look, I'll prove it." I said. "I'll throw a party. Like a reunion. We were all best of friends, that doesn't have to end. One Direction Reunion Party-as soon as Theo James goes to jail. I'll invite everyone. Zayn too." 

"I'll be there." Lou said with a grin. 

We talked a bit longer when we were interrupted. Liam was calling me-probably wondering where the hell I was because Lena was pregnant and sick and difficult. I hadn't meant to be gone this long. 

"Hello?" I said. 

"Harry, meet me at Saint Bartholomew's hospital. Something is wrong with Lena." Liam said in a panicked voice. 

"I'm on my way." I said, standing. 

"What's wrong?" Louis asked. 

"Liam's had to take Lena to the emergency room. I have to go." I said. 

"I'm coming too." he said, following me. 

I hadn't expected any less.