DEAR INCOMING FRESHMAN

hey howdy hello

I've noticed that some of you are incoming freshman (-itfdb, enderizzo, -emilylindor, beederroyo)

those are some of the incoming 9th graders I know, but if you are one, listen up!! I've got some tips & tricks for ya :)

-

This year, I'm entering 11th grade (!!) so for me, I was a freshman two years ago... that means I gotta go back into my internal file cabinet a bit, but here's some advice:

(ps. I'm sure the older girls have way better advice than I do, but yanno)

1. STAY ORGANIZED.

I'm not kidding about this one,, like literally go to Walmart and buy an agenda. Mark down your homework assignments, club meetings, football games, whatever! This will help so you don't forget an assignment or whatnot. (Take it from the Procrastination Queen, missing assignments WILL drop your grade.)

2. STAY HYDRATED.

lol bring a Hydro Flask or water bottle to school every day. You're gonna need it

3. SIGN UP FOR EXTRACURRICULARS!!!

yup, the more extracurriculars you do, the better! I wish I had done more as a freshman, but I jumped in sophomore year! Some good extracurriculars include art club, student government, yearbook, marching band, choir, theater...the list goes on. Find something you're interested in and join!

4. YOUR MIDDLE SCHOOL GROUP IS MOST LIKELY TO SPLIT IN HIGH SCHOOL. (but good news, you will make new lifelong friends!!!)

yup...this is the unfortunate truth. You may think that you and your middle school besties are gonna make it to senior year, but 90% of the time, it isn't the truth. (And if you do, then you're fucking lucky.)

Take it from my stance: I lost my best childhood friend from fourth grade during my freshman year. She doesn't even look at me anymore.

High school WILL change your friendships. You will grow and mature, you will learn who your real friends are. You will make new friends that are destined to stick with you during the next four years.

Also, I heard that during your senior year, you make new friends that you wish you had made freshman year. (Don't quote me on this though, I'm not a senior...yet 😉)

5. HAVE FUN (BUT BE CAREFUL)

These next four years are gonna be fun for y'all, with the excitement of football games, homecoming, later on prom, etc. But I do warn...don't get caught up in the wrong groups. And definitely don't start dating fucking seniors. Senior guys are most known to take the virginity of freshman & sophomore kiddos. (Or so I've heard. Hasn't happened to me 🤷)

When you go to parties, go with a friend!!! Be safe!!! Don't drink, do drugs, or vape !! but if you do, make sure you and/or your get a safe ride home via parents, Uber, Lyft, etc.

But,, LIVE IT UP! YOU'RE ONLY IN HIGH SCHOOL ONCE!

6. DO NOT TAKE TOO MANY CHALLENGING CLASSES

now, if you're like me, you may be a Pre-AP/AP student. And if you do plan on taking those classes, good luck. You better be able to study your ass off because,,, let me tell you !! I never study !! and I suffered through it

but if you start the class and feel that it is too challenging and cannot keep up with the objectives, know that it IS okay to transfer to an easier class. (I switched from Pre-AP math to regular math, and it made ALL the difference.)

As I always like to say, better to get a 94 in regular classes than get a 49 in Pre-AP!

however if you think a regular class is too easy, then try a  Pre-AP or AP class for the challenge!

-
I was a really boring kiddo freshman year, however I know that if you want to start looking good for college, you better do so now.  But I will say that freshman year did me really well...and I hope y'all's does too.

if you have any questions you wanna ask, please feel free to ask! Don't procrastinate and always, always check your grades :)

keep your head up high and high school will be a breeze 💞

- Reasie !

ps. older gals would you mind doing one for incoming juniors? I heard junior year is the hardest and I'm scared 😭