Misunderstandings [Straight]

Misunderstandings

"Josh, honey, please pick up. Actually...nevermind, I'm just calling to say that I've dropped Reese off at mom's and I'm going to get a bottle of champagne for...well, for tonight. Anyway, see you at home sweetheart. Love you."

Amelia Chambers manages to get that sentiment in before the familiar bleep tells her she's out of time. One thing that's always frustration (amongst countless others) about her husband is his refusal to pick up his damn mobile whenever she's calling. He assures her he doesn't do it on purpose but it darn well seems he does. Still, as long as he remembers tonight's special occasion, she'll let him off the hook.

Mia grins to herself in delight as she slips the phone into her purse, thinking about the well needed time she'll have with Josh tonight. Since the arrival of their bundle of joy -Reese- 4 years ago, they've been too busy and exhausted to get past a simple peck on the lips. But this year, she's determined to relax and delight in some X-rated fun with her gorgeous man.

The walk to the liquor store is short from her mother's house but after purchasing the alcohol, Mia groans in regret as night closes in fast. She should have taken the car. At least that way she'd be safer and her mind at ease. Plus, she'd be warmer. The evenings dropping temperatures easily overcome her thin cropped cardigan and peach summer dress.
With no choice but to continue Mia clutches the bottle closer to her and walks faster. Although a good enough neighbourhood, it's eerily quiet and even the streetlights seem dimmer tonight, however Mia guesses it could just be her imagination.

Suddenly the noise of a chuckling engine can be heard. Mia's body tenses in fear but as the vehicle zooms past and its light fades into the distance she forces herself to relax; reminding herself that she's a grown áss woman with a kid and it's a good neighbourhood.

With the glow of the another car's headlights behind her, Mia calmly carries on walking, managing to ignore it. However just when she thinks it's about to drive past, it actually slows to a stop.
The tinted windows of the white van should have been Mia's first clue that something isn't right. But in her shock, nothing seems to register until it's too late.

Two men rush from the back of the van, their faces covered by white masks. While one comes around behind her the other stays in front. Scared, Mia opens her mouth to scream but the man in front instantly shoves a rag into her open mouth. Surprised she tries to spit it out but he presses his body against her and folds a hand over her mouth, refusing to let her spit the thing out. Her arms get roughly clamped by the man behind her and before she can even struggle he's bound her wrists together securely with plastic zip-ties. The only thing Mia can do is use her legs but even kicking is useless as they drag her back into the van.
She tries fighting, struggling, screaming.
But the muffled calls and the weak squirming are all futile.
She never really does have a chance against two, built grown men.

Pushed into the back of the empty van, she spits out the saliva soaked cloth and with tears blurring her vision, tries to make out the figures in the dark.

As the van starts to move, Mia gasps in air and prepares her lungs to scream but as soon as she gathers a good mouthful of air, a piece of cloth smothers her face. The scent of chloroform seeps into her system and unable to fight it, Mia finds herself slipping into terrifying darkness.

**************************

When consciousness slowly returns to Mia, she finds herself unable to see. After her heart skips a beat in fear, she realises she hasn't lost her vision there's just a silk blindfold over her eyes. Tugging on her hands she finds them immobilised by...shackles.