All's Well That Ends Well

Countless photoshoots filled Taeyong's schedule for the coming days. He had been prepped up to look his best in front of the camera in Mystic Man's costume. Throughout the process, Jaehyun was with him. He personally accompanied him to his photoshoots and made sure that everything went according to plan. He was there when Taeyong felt uncomfortable or when he had a hard time getting the needed expression in front of the camera. Never once did Jaehyun left him. They ate lunch together and sometimes with the rest of the guys. The change in Jaehyun's character was not left unnoticed by his friends and they liked the said change. Now their friend was always in good mood and often smiled.

During late schedules, Jaehyun made it a point to bring Taeyong home. That night, Winwin came home the same time Jaehyun's car arrived. He saw his brother inside but he looked away like he didn't see him at all. The younger went up and left. What he did made Taeyong feel down and Jaehyun noticed.

"That's your brother, right? Haechan told me he's against the two of you working in my company. Is this the reason why you're always zoning out at work?"

Taeyong looked at his boss in the driver's seat. He didn't like to make him think that he was not doing his job because his mind was somewhere else. "Sorry, I didn't mean to lose focus at work."

Taeyong didn't answer his question and Jaehyun didn't insist anymore and he didn't need to because Taeyong answered him.

"He's against Haechan working. He's mad at me for allowing him to work." Sadness was obvious in his voice and Jaehyun couldn't help but gently pat his head, assuring him that everything was going to be alright. At this point, Taeyong was now used to all the gestures and skin ships that Jaehyun was giving him.

"Haechan is treated well, he doesn't need to worry. Tell him not to get mad at you because if even you won't agree, I will do everything to get that kid to work with me. Haechan has the potential and he will do great if he gets trained well."

Taeyong gave the man at the driver's seat a nod and a small smile. That was Jaehyun's cue to lean on him and unbuckle his seatbelt. Not used to having a car, Taeyong always forgets to wear his seatbelt and Jaehyun always had to do it for him. It became a habit and Jaehyun wasn't complaining. Awkwardness soon vanished but still, Taeyong won't speak more than two sentences to anyone in the company.

"Thank you."

"I'll see you tomorrow."

Taeyong nodded and went out.

***

"Hyung," Haechan welcomed him with a smile as always, "You're early."

Winwin welcomed him with coldness and silence.

"It's 9 pm, Chan. It's late." Taeyong ruffled his youngest brother's hair. "Wait for me, I'll cook us dinner."

"No need, hyung, Winwin hyung brought some dinner."

And so the brothers ate the dinner that Winwin bought. It was the first time that they eat together since their argument. Taeyong wanted to talk Winwin about their misunderstanding but the latter was making it hard for him. The eldest thought that it was the right moment to talk about it so he started, "Winwin, we need to talk."

"We have nothing to talk about." Winwin doesn't even look at him and continued eating.

"But-"

"It's good now. Nothing will change. There's no way you're going to stop Haechan from working. But if something happens to him, I'm blaming you."

Haechan looked at Winwin incredulously. "Why would you blame Taeyong Hyung? It's not his fault at all and nothing will happen."

"You know nothing."