Two Ends

CHAPTER 29

TWO ENDS

"What are you thinking, babe? You seem to be in deep thoughts since we left," Johnny asked the unusually quiet Ten as he drove his car, looking at his lover for a second then to the road.

Ten didn't answer and looked out the window. The car stopped at red and Johnny took the opportunity to hold Ten's hand. It was warm and nothing seemed wrong. The big guy wasn't used to his lover being so quiet. Maybe he was still worried about Taeyong's condition. Johnny silently swore not to leave Ten's side like Jaehyun when they decided to sign the CMA. The thought sent a smile to his face as he stepped on the gas once again as the traffic light turned green.

Ten noticed it and it was his turn to asked questions.

"What's funny?" His left brow raised.

"Nothing, babe," Johnny's smile grew wider. "I just can't help but feel excited to sign the CMA."
With that statement, Ten abruptly withdrew his hand that Johnny was holding. The action puzzled the other. Johnny couldn't think of anything he said that might've pissed his lover.

"Are you okay? Is there something wrong with I said? You know I am not forcing you into anything. I just brought up the CMA because of Taeyong and Jaehyun. I told you I am willing to wait for you and we can get married first before signing it if that's what you want."

The mention of marriage turned Ten's pissed face into an uneasy one. He also avoided Johnny's eyes and looked away while trying to calm his heart that wanted to burst out of his chest.

"Babe, what's wrong? Why don't you tell me?"

"Johnny, please take me home," Ten answered and Johnny nodded in agreement, but Ten wasn't finished, yet. "My house."

Johnny felt extremely alarmed. When was the last time Ten went home, in his own house? He couldn't remember. Ten had been staying with him since they began dating and half of his closet consisted of his lover's clothes. Even if they had a fight, Ten never mentioned going home, this was the first time and Johnny didn't like it a bit. He still drove his lover to his house without a single word.

The moment Ten entered his password, he stepped inside and blocked his body to the door so Johnny won't be able to enter. This surprised and hurt the latter a lot. There was really something wrong and the big guy swore he was not going to leave that house without him knowing it.

"What is wrong with you?" He started, still trying to act calm in spite of the fact that Ten's action was slowly pissing him off.

"Go home," Ten nonchalantly said and it made Johnny angrier, but still it wasn't evident on his face.

"Not without you and not without knowing what's wrong with you."

"Nothing is wrong with me," Ten answered and he turned his back to his lover and tried to close the door, but Johnny beat him to it. His arm stopped it from closing and no matter how hard he tried to close it, it was useless. Johnny was a lot stronger than him. The act made his lover snap and he used his full force to open the door so he could enter. He walked straight to the dark living room and waited for Ten to follow.
The room suddenly went bright and an equally pissed looking Ten came out.

"Really, Ten? Did you try to throw me out? I've been asking you what is wrong for countless of times already. At least give me an answer so I can stop worrying!" Johnny's voice raised a step higher and Ten didn't like it one bit.

"Why are you yelling at me?" he yelled back, both hands balled into a fist on his sides.

"I am not yelling at you. Maybe if you just say what is bothering you then we can prevent this from happening. Is this about the CMA? Are you that bothered about it that you are going all cold on me? Or you just don't want to sign it at all? Or maybe you don't want to marry me." For the first time, Ten saw Johnny gets really mad and he had to step back.