20

It had been two years.

Two years since we decided to take it slow.

I told myself it didn't matter how long it took for us to get back together but,

It took too long.

You're gone now.

Forever gone.

I remember the day I got the phone call from your mother.

It was the first time I had cried in awhile.

"Hello?"

"J-jennie right?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"I'm Y/N's mother"

"Oh, well nice to finally speak with you for the first time" I chuckled.

I heard her crying in the background.

"Is everything okay Ms?" I asked concerned.

"No e-everything isn't okay"

She paused as she blew her nose.

"I'm afraid to tell you this but, Y-Y/N p-passed away t-today"

My eyes had widened.

I dropped the phone.

My heart rate began to beat faster than it has ever gone.

My body fell to the floor as I sobbed my heart our completely until I had to stop to catch my breath a few times.

You were gone.

I felt my grip tighten around the white tulips I was carrying in my arms.

I stopped and turned to face what was now your grave stone.

Today would be the exact day you died a year ago.

When you were gone, I couldn't handle it. I wanted to see you so bad but, I couldn't because you were gone.

I kneeled in front of your grave and placed the flowers down carefully.

The tears then started to escape as I sat there looking at your name engraved on the stone.

I had sat there for about twenty minutes just crying and yelling at myself.

"Jennie!"

I looked to my right, still crying, to see someone from afar waving at me.

I couldn't see their face well since my eyes were blurry and they were too far away.

I ignored them and looked back at your name engraved into stone in front of me.

My heart began to speed up again as I read your name again.

I sat there for another good twenty minutes just staring at your gravestone.

I chatted with you too.

I told you how I had been and what I was up to these days because I knew you would be listening from up there.

As I was about to stand up I felt a weight on my shoulders.

I looked up to see,

you.

My whole body began to shake and tears were rolling down my cheeks faster than lightning.

"Y/N..."

"Jennie-ah"

The End...