Chapter One.

"Uh Ellie, ELLIE... wake up, WAKE UP!"

Ellie stirred and tried to focus her vision. She finally rubbed her eyes and sat up and looked to her sister.

"Sheesh Rory, anyone would think it was Christmas morning! Not the first day back at school!" Ellie scowled.

"Well, get up! We said to mom we would meet her at Lukes!" Rory responded, fully dressed as she sat back on her bed on the other side of their small room.

"Coffee, get me coffee and I will move sis, you should know me better by now!" Ellie groaned as she sat to the side of her bed deciding what to wear. Rory was more conservative in her attire; Ellie on the other hand liked her jeans and band shirts, usually paired with her favourite converse. She decided on her Nirvana shirt with some blue jeans and took the coffee from her sisters hand as she re-entered the room.

"Thanks Sis!" she smiled knocking the black liquid back as fast as humanly possible. Finishing getting dressed, she grabbed her bag and met her sister on the porch as they walked in the direction of Luke's.

**

After begging Luke for a coffee; and dismissing a rather inappropriate guys advances, Lorelai took at her seat and gazed out of the window. Stars Hollow was her home and she loved it dearly. The memories her and her children shared of this town would forever be in her heart. She looked towards the path just past the gazebo when she saw them, her two miracles, her twins. She was thankful for them, they brought her to Stars Hollow and made her who she was today. It was a town full of eccentrics, one that she knew she blended into perfectly. Sure having the twins at sixteen had meant she had to grow up overnight, but having the likes of Mia, Sookie and Luke around, had meant she never felt alone.

The girls entered the diner, she smiled as they joined her.

"Hey kids, want breakfast?"

"No thanks just coffee, and more coffee and did I mention I need coffee?" Ellie stated.

"And lip gloss!" Rory interjected.

"I have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and toasted marshmallow." Lorelai stated as she passed over the make up bag.

"Anything in there not resembling a breakfast cereal?" Rory responded.

" It has no smell but it changes colors with your mood." Lorelai responded, as she handed over a second make up bag.

"God, RuPaul doesn't need this much makeup!" Ellie said.

"Wow, your crabby!" Lorelai said as she turned to her other daughter.

"'Im sorry. I lost my favourite Oasis CD and I need caffeine." Ellie replied.

"Ooh, I have your CD!" Lorelai replied as she handed the cd to her daughter.

"Thief!" Ellie stated.

"Sorry, and I will get you both some coffee." Lorelai smiled as she rose to her feet and walked over to the counter to order.

It was only when she turned back around to see the man that had accosted her earlier, she realised he had approached her table.

"Oh, hi. You really like my table, don't you?" she said as she walked over and put her hand on Rory's shoulder.

" I was just, uh. . ." the guy replied

"Getting to know my daughters?" Lorelai responded.

"Are you our new daddy?" Rory smirked.

"Wow. You do not look old enough to have daughters. No, I mean it. And you do not look like daughters" the man said, shocked.

"That's possibly very sweet of you. Thanks." Lorelai said sarcastically.