Twenty Four: Liars and Killers

They located the tesseract. That is Sigyn's original thought due to all the commotion suddenly happening. She is out of her seat, heart pounding. One step closer to going home. Nick Fury turned in a maddened rage making way for the laboratory.

Sigyn whipped around to Thor. "They found it?" she questioned.

"Possibly." he said, urging the goddess to quickly follow.

The two Asgardians followed in Nick Fury's rage. He left behind a trail of very confused agents and people questioning what happened. They see his black coat flurrying around a corner and crashing into the laboratory too quickly for the automotive door to open for him.

"What are you doing, Mister Stark?!" Nick Fury came striding quickly and aggressively into the laboratory.

"Uh," replied Tony Stark, cocky, sitting behind a desk at the door. "Kind of been wondering the same thing about you."

This answer did not satisfy Nick Fury. "You're supposed to be looking for the tesseract."

This tells the Asgardians that they had not in fact found the tesseract. Yet something more dramatic is happening here to upset Nick Fury like this. Sigyn stepped into the laboratory. Her eyes locked onto a very precious commodity across the room. Resting on a stand is Loki's scepter. The blue gem cast in the blades is glowing very softly. It wants to captivate and draw her in. Yearning for her to come closer. Closer. Closer.

"We are." said Bruce Banner. "The model's locked and we are sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile."

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss." Tony Stark added, suddenly his monitor screen shows a collection of secret files before him like an explosion of unveiling the dark truth of this place. Blueprints of various weapons and classified files labeled 'top secret' this struck a very curious cord with Tony Stark. "What is phase two?" he asked.

Bang.

Steve Rogers drops a Hydra assault rifle on the table causing Nick Fury, Bruce Banner, and Tony Stark to turn around with the sudden sound. Steve Rogers's nose is slightly scrunched up with dissatisfaction. Nick Fury's face is filled with rage. He stares at Captain America unblinking. Where had he got that gun from?

"Phase two is Shield uses the cube to make weapons." said Steve Rogers. "Sorry, the computer was moving a little too slow for me."

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're..." Fury was cut off by Tony who turned his monitor screen around for everybody to see. It clearly showed all of the plans and blueprints and official shield documents for these weapons designs.

"I'm sorry, Nick!" the screen showed everything. "What were you lying?"

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve spat.

Sigyn stepped toward the screen which Tony Stark turned around. All she had to do was glance over the screen with everything there on display for her eyes. Had all these past years been a lie? Everything she had done and complied to be left alone in peace here on Midgard, a lie? She believed Shield to hold the same interests in protecting this realm when in fact it had all been a LIE.

Tony Stark watched the princess shrink back for a moment. Eyes darting across the screen. Then her eyes turned dark and she turned on her heel slowly towards Nick Fury. Natasha Romanoff crept into the laboratory quietly behind everyone and stood to watch this unfold.

Oh, to incur the wrath of the gods, thought Tony Stark.

"You lied." the goddess hissed. She looks at there screen again. "After all this time. After helping you... this is how you repay me? By betraying me?"