2

~Kayleigh~

"Rise and Shine, lets go lets go" Tamara screamed as she pulled the curtains back in our room, I jolted up scared from the sudden light that radiated the dorm room, "Why?" I groaned as I grabbed my pillow and basically suffocated myself with it to block out the light as best as I could.

She laughed as she made her bed and turned on her indie music, I peered up now realising I wasn't going to get anymore sleep, I flopped my hand on the bedside table in search for my phone I looked at the time on my phone to see it was 9:30am, I sat up and looked over at an energetic Tamara dancing around the room.

"How are you so awake we only got like 6 hours of sleep?" I said half yawning as I wiped my eyes.

"Because" she chuckled "unlike you apparently I'm used to staying up till 3 am watching stranger things" she snickered, she was right though the latest I would stay up was 1 am the max.

I hoped out of bed and quickly made my bed before grabbing my clothes and toiletries, Tamara doing the same as we headed to the community bathrooms.

-

The hot water hit my skin this is what I needed to wake me up since I was not a coffee person, I thought about yesterday I had survived my first day of college I smiled to myself look at me being independent without relying on my parents at all times.

"Kayleigh, are you done?" I heard Tamara yell as I saw her shadow standing in front of the shower curtain.

"Yeah give me a second" I muttered as I turned the water off and quickly got changed into a denim skirt paired with a basic white shirt and a denim jacket once done I pulled back the curtain to see Tamara in a floral romper.

"Finally" she said rolling her eyes and grabbing my hand "Lets go eat this bitch is hungry" she said referring to herself as she basically dragged me downstairs.

-

It was now around 5pm and the party I completely forgot about until Tamara reminded me wasn't starting for another 5 hours, I was nervous to go to my first college party especially because of that boy, I don't know why I was nervous he didn't know who I was.

Tamara and I walked to the grand hall where we had to collect our timetables for the semester she was majoring in Theatre so all of her classes were basically in this hall while I was majoring in Sociology which meant I was in a classroom we basically had our classes at the same time so we still would be able to hang out.

We were looking at our timetables and the different stalls that showcased each major just to pass time, I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings as I watched the chemical reaction display they were doing at the chemistry stall.

"Kayleigh" Tamara whispered as she looked around the hall.

"Yeah" I responded as I continued to look at the display.

"Okay" she paused "Don't freak out but you know that boy from yesterday? You know the extremely beautiful one with beautiful blue eyes and semi long blonde hair?" Tamara said rambling on.

"Yeah" I giggled thinking of the boy last night, "What about him?" I said now looking at her.

"Well he is high key checking you out" she squealed, I looked over to the other side of the hall to see the boy looking at us our eyes met as he lightly smiled I half smiled back but sighed when realisation hit me.

"You know he was probably checking you out, right" I said kind of disappointingly.

She shook her head rapidly "No Kay I swear he was checking you out I saw it with my own two eyes" she said as a new nickname appeared out of nowhere.

"I don't know Tam" I said giving her a nickname back.

"Well" she said looking between me and the boy "there is only one way to find out" she said as she yanked my arm and power walked over to the boy.

"Tam no" I whispered but yelled as I tried to stop her from pulling me.

"Listen all we are going to do is walk past and see if he looks at you I'll walk out of those doors first then you, Okay?" she said pointing to the door the boy and now his friends from last night were standing in front of.

"Fine" I rolled my eyes as she power walked past the boys and out the door she peered back into the hall to look at me as if to signal it was my turn.

I huffed and rolled my eyes as I started walking past the group of boys, the boy from last night seemed to engaged in his conversation to look up until i was in line with him and his friends and that's when he looked up as my eyes met with his he smiled at me.

I freaked out and started walking straight ahead without looking where I was going, I walked into Tamara almost knocking her over she screamed obviously as shocked as I was before I could apologise I heard a chuckle come from behind me.

I looked to see the boy watching me embarrass myself as his friends continued their conversation he looked down trying to stifle his laugh as he looked back up he was biting his lip, I blushed profusely as I was beyond mortified and embarrassed plus he was hot like really hot.

"See" Tamara said hitting my shoulder, "He does like you".

I stopped looking at the boy and turned to Tamara "No he doesn't he is just laughing at how stupid I am" I huffed "Come on lets go".

As she now completely walked out of the hall me slowly following behind as the boy who I was sick of calling boy looked at me and waved and this time I actually waved back I had already embarrassed myself might as well make it worse.

_____________________

I hope you enjoyed this part it was fun to write and I felt secondhand embarrassment for Kayleigh, Don't forget to comment and vote on this part x