ONE

tyler

      "Mom! What the fuck are we having for dinner?" Tyler yelled at him mom as he ran down the stairs putting on his black beanie. Tyler didn't necessarily eat dinner anymore, but he always asked this question to make his skinny frame not so noticeable to his mom. The baggy clothes also helped, but his mom always seemed to act like she knew. 

      "I'm making spaghetti again," Tyler's mom, Kelly, said to him as she looked him up and down. Tyler rolled his eyes and grabbed his black vans from by the door and started to put them on. His mom didn't even bother to ask about where he was going, because she couldn't ever know whether he was really telling the truth. She frowned and continued reading her book at the kitchen table.

      Tyler was relieved she didn't ask where  he was going. Tyler had a date. With a guy. He had just gone into his freshman year and everyone was still making fun of the depressed emo kid being gay, what a surprise. The guy he was going out with seemed nice, but he seemed kinda too social for Tyler. He finished tying his shoes and then started to grab his skateboard that rested against the wall by the door when he mom quietly said, "Please be home to have dinner with me soon."

      Tyler looked back at his mom and said, "whatever," and left the house before she could say anything else. Tyler wasn't really excited for the date, he never was really excited for anything anymore. Somehow his mind made everything seem like a chore. He threw his skateboard down on the ground and grabbed a cigarette out of his pocket in his flannel, and started smoking it after lighting it up. He started skating down the sidewalk to the Chinese food restaurant that was in the plaza down from his neighborhood. 

      He arrived to the Chinese restaurant and saw his date sitting inside with a bowl of soup in front of him. Tyler sighed and secretly wished that he had never agreed to this thing, but his friend Astrid said that it could be good for him to meet someone, and maybe make it not so depressing to come to school. Tyler swung open the door to the restaurant and heard the jingle from the door. His date looked up to Tyler and pushed his dyed black hair out of his eyes. "He's kinda cute" Tyler thought to himself as he walked over to the table. 

"Hey, Tyler!" His date's face lit up at the sight of him. Tyler nodded to greet him, took a seat and set his skateboard down next to him.

"Do you want some food? I can pay, my parents gave me some money," His date said to him as he looked at Tyler with a cute side smile.

"Uh, I'll just have a lemonade. My mom wants to have dinner with me later, so I better not get too filled up," Tyler glanced around the restaurant to avoid eye contact with the guy sitting across from him. His date looked at Tyler with a frown and noticed how small Tyler looked sitting across from him with slumped shoulders. Tyler threw his date a dirty look and watched the cooks work in the kitchen behind the counter.

      "You sure you don't want like an egg roll or something? You're pretty tiny," his date said trying to sound as nice as possible so he didn't hurt Tyler's feelings. Tyler rolled his eyes and said "I guess I'll have an egg roll and a fortune cookie, but that's it."

      His date waved over the waiter to tell him what Tyler wanted and ordered some things for himself. After ordering, he turned to Tyler and smiled. Tyler wished that it was over, because as soon as someone calls him tiny all that he can think about how he is being pitied like an injured puppy. Tyler wore a baggy black and red flannel with baggy black jeans, but people always picked up on how small he was no matter how baggy his clothes were. 

"I really like you, Tyler," His date said smiling at him.

"I like you too," Tyler said still not making eye contact. Tyler purposefully started to look uncomfortable so maybe he would take a hint. 

      The food came quickly and Tyler tried to get down a few bites before he would break the news to his date that he had to get going. He opened up his fortune cookie that read the people around you are not always the best for you. Tyler took the hint and started to get up and his date frowned .

"Listen, I don't think I'm really ready for a relationship," Tyler said as he pushed his chair in.

"Ty-" His date tried to say before Tyler interrupted him.

"I don't want to fucking date you Gerard, don't try to convince me, because that would be sad to watch. Please just fuck off," Tyler rolled his eyes  and left the restaurant.

Home

      Tyler arrived home faster than he wanted to and saw the meal ready on the kitchen counter. His mom came around the corner and said, "Take a seat, Ty," only Tyler's mom was allowed to call him Ty, if anyone else tried Tyler would give them a good backhand to the face. 

"Why do gay guys at my school have to be fucking annoying?" Tyler said as he sat down at the counter.

"What makes them annoying?" His mom asked back.

"They all think I'm like a lost puppy, or at least treat me like one. I'm a fucking human being. If I wanted to throw a pity party, I would. I would throw the best fucking pity party this world has ever seen. But I don't want a pity party," Tyler rambled on as his mom quietly laughed, because she knew he was joking around, but she still felt bad that people treated him like that.

"You'll find someone, Tyler. Now, eat up and then get to bed because you have school tomorrow."

"Why must I have to participate in the American schooling system mother," Tyler rolled his eyes and ate some of his spaghetti.

      His mom laughed it off and went up to her bedroom to go to bed, because his mom always loved to get up extremely early. Tyler threw away his spaghetti when she went upstairs and went up to his room.

      Tyler threw his beanie on his floor and jumped onto his bed. He started to scroll on instagram, and got a follow request from joshdun and realized it was a guy from school who was kinda cute, but probably not gay. Tyler followed him back after accepting Josh's and then went to get ready for bed, not thinking much of Josh.

A/N: Betcha thought his date was Josh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), we going real slow with this fic so buckle up. 

Song for this chapter is (drum roll please) Rare Hearts by The Growlers

Have a good day/night :)