Chapter 2

Chapter 2

************************

Matthew POV

'Ding' I hear my doorbell, "Mom I'll get it", I yelled since she was unpacking in her room. I open the door to see Kenzie... I just stood there and stared at her blank expression. "Um, hello?" I ask blankly, her dad I'm guessing said,"Hi we are your new neighbors and we just wanted to wish you a warm welcome to the neighborhood!" "Oh, thanks... Hi Kenzie!" She just stands there and shakes her head in disbelief. "I have to spend my time outside of school by him too?" She groans. That hurt. Her mom apologizes and they leave.

Kenzie's POV

When I got back to my bedroom I was annoyed, I knew he seemed nice but I was sure that he was just another player. He was attractive tho-

Wait what am I thinking!!? I just hope he's different than the usual.

••••••••School•••••••••

I walk into lunch and see my friends all sitting together! "Hey guys, I feel like we haven't talked in forever!" They all respond with we knows and I start talking to Hollie and Kate about their summers. That's when I see them staring behind me and I look up to see matthew. "Can I help you?" I ask him. "Hey Kenzie want to come over tonight?" Matthew asks me. What do I say I mean we could just be friends right? Ya that's what will happen! "Um, sure. But just as friends right?" "Y-ya. Of course" he stuttered knowing that I hurt him by saying that. "Okay. See you tonight!" I tell him and go back to talking to Hollie.

Matthew's POV

I know Kenzie just wants to be friends but this is the first step to making her mine. It hurt when she made sure it wasn't a date, but I just kind of ignored it. I really wonder how she deals with being the only single girl in that group... But not for long!

•••••••That night•••••••

Kenzie's POV

m=Matthew

K=Kenzie

Ding. I hear my phone go off I look who it was, matthew.

M-hey, what time do you plan on coming over?:)

K- in about 30 minutes if that's okay?(:

M- ya that's awesome! See you then;)

K- okay bye!:)

I get up from watching YouTube and start to get ready to go to Matthews. I don't plan on looking special so I threw on some sweatpants and a tshirt and for my hair a messy bun. I grab my phone and run over to his door. I text him that I'm on my way over he he says ok. I knock on the door and it opens. I step inside to see a huge living room connected to a kitchen.

Matthew's POV

When she walks in she looks adorable in those sweatpants! I really wish we could be more than friends but if this is what it takes to make her more than that then I will do it! "Do you want to watch a movie?" I ask her. "Sure sounds great!" She replies and we go downstairs into my home theater!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kenzie's POV

After the movie I walk home but I realize that I might actually be starting to like matthew...