Cleaning Up

Jessie's P.O.V.
I led Ethan into his kitchen, gesturing for him to take a seat at the squat brown table in the center of the room.
"What's your pain scale?" I asked, hurrying over to the stainless steel refrigerator and finding an ice pack.
"About a five," he responds weakly. Damn maybe I shouldn't have asked. It probably hurts to talk with a bruised jaw.
I walk back over to the table, and notice Ethan studying me. It's as if there's a question on the tip of this tongue, but he's not sure if he should ask.
"I'm ok you know," he says taking the ice pack from my outstretched hand and putting it against his quickly darkening  jaw. It's turning from yellow to a mud-colored brown and I can't help but cringe. Ethan notices my disgust, and chuckles lightly.
"I guess he did a real number on me huh?" He asks, a hint of a smirk crossing his face.
I can't help but laugh now.
"Yeah, but I still think you're cute," I ruffle his hair and he rests his hand on his chest as if I've wounded him.
"Oh, thank god your still attracted to me, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my amazing looks anymore."
You're such a dork!" I practically squeal, give him a kiss on the cheek.
Whoa. Three months ago, I never would have been the kind of girl to voluntarily kiss someone on the cheek. But things are different then they were back then. I have someone who sees my for who I truly am, who loves me for all the bad, and all the good. I never thought I would be that girl, but here I am, that girl! The girl who's truly happy for once in her life. I'm broken out of my thoughts when Ethan speaks.
"But is your dork right?" He says, a huge grin on his face.
"Yes, of course you're my dork," I kiss his cheek again.
Before I can ask him what his pain scale is again, we hear the front door unlock.
Ethan's P.O.V.
Jessie and I hear the lock turn in the door, and a voice rings through the house.
"Ethan I'm home! Where are you?"
"In the kitchen Dad!" I call. A moment later, he enters the kitchen.
My dad and I look pretty alike. We both have black hair and blue eyes. But my dad has a much better build than me, "from all that
working out when I was your age" he likes to say.
"Well, who do we have here? Is this the girl you've been going on and on about?" He says, noticing Jessie standing over me in the chair. I notice that frightened look in her eyes, and take her hand, giving it a small squeeze. She gives me a thankful smile, and I can't help but smile back. God, I love her smile.
Realizing my dad's still waiting for my answer, I introduce the two.
"Yes. Dad, this is Jessie. Jessie, my dad."
Nice, to meet you Mr. Marks," Jessie says extending her other hand that isn't in mine.
My dad takes hey hand, and they shake.
"Nice to meet you too, I've heard so much about you."
"Oh, that's nice." I don't miss the nervousness creeping its way into her voice. I squeeze her hand again, and this time she squeezes back.
"Well, you should be getting home right? It's getting pretty late." Jessie looks over at the digital clock on the counter, which reads 8:30.
"Oh. Yeah, probably. I'll see you tomorrow." She gives me another kiss on the cheek, slightly more hesitant because of my dad.
" It was wonderful meeting you." She says to him.
"You too." He says politely. After we hear the door close behind her, my dad turns to me.
"So, are you going to explain to me what happened to your face?" I groan inwardly. This might take awhile.

A/N: Hello, I'm back! I'm really sorry if I annoyed anyone with my lack of updates. I just briefly lost interest writing this story. But I just finished reading Tell Me Three Things, and fell even more in love with it than the first time around, and the inspiration was reborn! I'm sorry that this isn't amazing though because I've been a little out of practice. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and as always, feedback I'd greatly appreciated