Ch. 4

Written by: @BadassRobin

Today was finally career day and Peter was both excited and very nervous. The pointers and the fake career day helped a lot but there was still no telling how any of this was going to go. For example- the reactions of his classmates.

When Tony stepped into his classroom, everyone's jaw dropped, all except for Peter's of course. Everyone was whispering to each other, wondering who THE Tony Stark was there for.

It took until the very last presentation for their questions to be answered. The teacher hesitated when introducing the man. "And last but not least, Tony Stark." She said, smiling at Tony as he walked up to the front of the class. Though, on the way up, Tony nearly tripped on the someone's backpack. He gave a sheepish smile to Peter who gave him the same look back, waving slightly.

The other students looked at their exchange and started putting the pieces together. Tony Stark was with Peter Parker. If their shock from when he first walked in was a lot, now it was beyond humanly possible.

Tony's presentation went from bad to worse as he talked and Peter honestly found it hard to watch. Tony stumbled over words, he rambled on unimportant things for too long, and when the questions came, they were all about how did Tony know Peter. By the end, Peter just laid his head on his desk.

When school ended, Peter was bombarded with questions everywhere he went. Finally, he was saved by Tony when Peter was getting his stuff from his locker. Tony wrapped an arm around Peter's shoulder and shooed everyone away.

"Give him some space you animals." Tony said, flashing a joking smile to Peter.

"Hey Kiddo, how did you like the presentation?" Tony asked.

Peter laughed a bit before saying, "It was awful." Tony chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah, definitely not the best." He said, leading Peter outside to the car.

"How about we go get ice cream with Steve to try and fix it." Tony reasoned. Peter pretended to think about it for minute.

"Yeah, that'll work." Peter agreed, getting into the passenger seat. As Tony got into the driver's seat, he started texting Steve to meet them at the ice cream shop.

When they arrived at the shop, they met Steve who was already sitting at a table waiting for them. They all got their ice cream (Peter getting mint chocolate chip, Tony getting cake batter, and Steve getting chocolate) and sat down.

"So how did it go?" Steve asked. Tony and Peter both winced, giving Steve a clear idea. "That bad huh?" He asked. Peter nodded with a pained expression. Steve laughed, imagining all the bad things that Tony could've done.

"Maybe we weren't the best trainers after all." Steve said. Peter shook his head in disagreement.

"Nah, we were great, Dad's just bad." Peter joked and Steve nodded. Tony hit Peter's arm lightly, faking a mad look.

"Hey! I did everything you told me to." Tony defended.

"Yeah, you really didn't." Peter replied. "No one is ever going to leave me alone anymore." Peter sulked, holding his head up with his hand, still eating his ice cream. Tony placed a hand on his back and looked at Peter.

"You'll be fine. Plus, you have Ned and your girlfriend to help you through it." Tony said. Peter leaned back up, shaking his father's hand off his back.

"MJ isn't my girlfriend." Peter replied. Tony raised an eyebrow at him and looked back at his ice cream.

"Sure sure, whatever you say." He said.

The three talked for a little bit longer until Steve said he had to go, parting ways from the other two. Peter and Tony decided to leave as well and got in the car. Peter thought about the events of that day. No matter how horrible it went, he was still glad that Tony came in for career day.