Old Friends, New Wounds

Alice POV:

I could hear them arguing for about twenty minutes before I really had to use the bathroom. Unfortunately the only bathroom is downstairs and could maybe sneak behind the bar without Gladys knowing. I slowly got up and walked down the stairs. It looked like they were arguing outside thankfully. I looked around the place searching for Betty and Jug, to find them hiding behind the bar. 

"Mom what are you doing what if Gladys sees you?" Betty whispered.

"I have to use the bathroom, now move so I can sneak by." I said crouching so I can sneak past them.

Just as I was about to make it across the bar Gladys swung the door open and FP runs in behind her. I quickly ran to the bathroom and tried not to listen to them, but I'm a Smith... and Smiths love to eavesdrop. 

"FP I cannot believe you are divorcing me because you're still in love with your high school girlfriend!" Gladys shouted.

"I never said I was. I'm asking for a divorce because we can't be in the same room with each other for more a few seconds without arguing. Our children don't deserve two unhappy parents after everything they have been through." FP said slowly lowering his tone, trying to calm down.

"Well are you going to deny you still love her?" Gladys said.

"Well, no-" FP started.

"Exactly! I'll send you the damn divorce papers so you can go back to screwing Alice." Gladys yelled storming out of the bar.

-

"Well that was a strange conversation." FP said sitting down on a bar stool.

"Hi Dad." Jug popped his head up from the bar.

"Ahhh! Jughead, don't do that." 

"Sorry dad... so that conversation was loud."

-

I can't hear the rest of what Jug says and I quickly use the bathroom and sit down next to FP at the bar. 

-

"Please tell me you didn't hear that." FP said rubbing his face clearly frustrated. 

"What that you still love me Forsythe?" I laughed.

"Yeah that part." He sighed.

"Well if you don't say it I will, I love you too Forsythe." I said and he smiled ear to ear looking cuter than ever.

"Betty you can come up now." I said and she slowly popped her head up.

"Were you two eavesdropping on us?" FP said sounding shocked that they were both hiding behind the bar.

"Seriously FP, Betty is a Smith and Jug is a Jones, the best eavesdropping duo of them all."

"Trust me I know." FP chuckled.

"So you and mom are getting divorced." Jug said with a grin.

"Why are you so happy about it Jug, I thought you wanted us back together, you know as a happy family." FP said going behind the bar to grab a drink.

"It's just that the past two months since well, you two, um well you know, you have been a lot happier." Jug said smiling until he notices that his dad is grabbing a beer. 

"Dad, can you please not drink." Jug said grabbing the beer out of his dads hand.

"Jug all I want is one." FP grabbed it back out of Jugs hands and sitting down next to me.