Chapter 11 - Dinner?

E M E R A L D    K H A N Y

After a week of not showing up for school, I showed up. Right when I entered, I was pulled into a tight hug by Theo.

"I was so worried about you." He said. "You didn't answer my calls and texts. Are you ok?" He said, concern in his eyes. His buddies were behind and I mean Ace, Blake, and Mikey.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. I was just really sick." I lied.

"Well, I'm glad you are ok." He said, hugging me again.

I blushed because no one has really been worried or concern for me.

The hug broke and Ace smiled at me. I smiled back. "He was really worried about you." Ace said.

I nodded my head because I didn't know what to say.

"I'm glad your back." Mikey said.

"So am I. I haven't seen a girl up close for a long time and your pretty so I don't mind staring at you for a while, but don't worry I'll stare at someone else after a couple days." Blake said.

I laughed and rolled my eyes.

I guess this is what you call friends. It felt great.

T H E O    C A L V E I N

Last week, I couldn't sleep well and I wouldn't eat because I was just so worried and stressed out about Emmy. I missed everything about her. Her smile. Her laugh. Her voice. Everything.

Now that she is back, I'm already myself again.

My mom was still begging me to invite Emerald over for dinner so I decided to ask her at lunch.

Lunch Time...

"Emmy, so my mom wanted to know if you would like to come over for dinner. My dad just came back from the Army and she wanted you to meet him. He's pretty funny. I think you'll like him." I said.

"Yeah sure. That sounds nice." She said.

"Cool, on Friday. I'll pick up at 6." I said.

She nodded. "Ok."

***

Friday...

Friday came around faster than I thought and I was so excited, but nervous for tonight.

Excited because I'll probably see Emmy wearing a dress and just seeing her in general makes me happy.

I think I like her.

Ok, I do. I don't know how I feel about her. I've never felt these feelings before.

When the clock struck 5:30, I ran down the stairs and to my parents who were in the kitchen.

"Mom, dad, quick important conversation." I said.

"What is it, child." My dad said. I rolled my eyes when he said 'child'.

"Don't embarrass me in front of her and just order something mom." I said. My mom is a horrible cook, I'm sorry but it's the truth. My dad cooks better and I sometimes wondered how I survived off out-food when my dad was gone for 5 years.

My dad laughed and my mom rolled her eyes. "We're going out, calm down."

"We'll TRY not to embarrass you, but if it slips from my mouth I'm sorry." My dad said, not sounding like he is sorry at all.

I gave him a look and rolled my eyes.

"I guess I'll meet you guys there." I said. "Text me the restaurant mom."