3.

Ever since then, Julia had been banished from Mont Lille. Even after so, Julia was still regarded as the destined ruler, the one that was bound to take over the throne when the day comes.

When our parents die.

Since my parents were still out at sea, I decided to go for the secret meeting with Damien in the Royal Garden as usual.

What could possibly go wrong?

Year 1925

The next day(afternoon)

Damien's POV

I waited patiently yet anxiously for Louisa's arrival at the Royal Garden like I had for a few weeks, as I tried to practice on what I should say and how I should confess to Louisa.

"Louisa. I like you."

Wait, that sounds too straightforward.

"Louisa, would you be my lover?"

No way, too mushy.

"Louisa, we've known each other for a really long time, and I really want to tell you... "

"Tell me what?"

Oh crap.

"L... Louisa, we've being friends for a long time right... ?"

Year 1225

Louisa's POV

"L.. Louisa, we've being friends for a long time right..?"

Is.. he going to confess?

"Yeah.. Why?"

"I..I want to be more than just friends, Louisa. I have always had a major crush on you ever since I was 9."

I started blushing and avoided eye contact. I was at a loss for words.

It's been 8 years and I never noticed?

"Do you.. not like me?"

"No, it's nothing like that. I just.. didn't expect this."

"Does that mean you.."

"I've had a crush on you longer than you've had a crush on me."

He widened his eyes at me.

"You did?"

"Still do."

Damien just continued to stare at me, shock. He opened his mouth to continue again.

"So do you...?"

I smiled at him.

"Yes Damien, I would love to be your girlfriend."

Year 1238

Louisa's POV

"Princess!" an informant barged in.

The very next words I heard froze my heart.

"The King and Queen were found dead on the ship with a few Stormguard members."