Distortion- Bucky

Imagine Infinity War angst...

It all started happening in a hazy blur. One second, T'Challa was reaching after Okoye and the next, he was ashes of dust being lifted into the air. No one around me knew what was happening, and no one knew how to stop it. I just knew I had to do one thing: I had to find Bucky.

"Bucky," I called as I trudged around the forest while clutching onto the inside elbow of my left arm. I had been shot by one of Thanos' monsters, but I knew it wasn't fatal. It was just a minor mosquito bite in comparison to the damage we did to Thanos' army- or, at least, the damage we had thought we did.

"Bucky," I called again as I pushed a massive plant out of my way. The forest was silent and all one could hear was the rustling of plants as people moved through them. It was almost as if the war never happened; the battle was nonexistent- it was simply an outlast of silence.

"Buck," I whispered as I punched a plant out of the way. What if he was gone? What if he got out? What if he had faced the same fate as T'Challa and Lord knows how many others? I couldn't lose my Bucky; I couldn't lose my boyfriend; I couldn't lose my best friend. I couldn't lose my beautiful, damaged warrior. I couldn't lose my James Buchanan Barnes.

"Bucky," I screamed as loudly as I could as I felt hot tears beginning to coat my cheeks. Sobs escaped my mouth silently when I heard no response other than the distant rustling of leaves. I was terrified; I was on the verge of giving up. But I knew I couldn't. If Bucky was out there, he was probably tearing down trees to find me. Hell, Bucky was probably ripping trees out of the ground to find me- but that's all if he was still alive.

"Bucky," I whispered as my footsteps slowed. My ears were ringing from something unknown, possibly the anxiety and stress coursing through me. I was at an immensely slow pace as I pushed plants out of the way while not knowing entirely what was happening. I gulped and tried to breathe in a healthy amount of oxygen that would help me regain my composure, but all it did was send me into a coughing spree. I waved away some dust in the air as I continued to cough while walking past Rocket beside some log. Dust was everywhere; I couldn't go or look anywhere without it clouding my vision and coating my lungs. I could barely see from all of the dust blurring my vision along with my vision itself being distorted for reasons unknown. I just wanted to find my Bucky, that's all I wanted.

I continued my slow pace throughout the forest while tripping on almost everything. Numbness is the best word I can use to describe as to what my body was going through- I was completely and utterly numb. "B-Buck," I whispered as my eyes fluttered closed. I couldn't see anything besides darkness as I pushed my way past trees, plants, and some of my other teammates. It was like I was in a state of intoxication as I made my way slowly through the forest; every sense of mine was distorted. I was especially all screwy in the head, for I could barely open my eyes without feeling the need to throw up from my light headedness.

A pair of hands placed themselves on my shoulders and spun me around as they shook me. One was a flesh hand, I could feel that, but one felt extremely...cold.

"Doll," a voice pleaded through my muffled hearing. "Doll, please," the voice cried as the person continued to shake me. "Wake up, Y/n, please."

My eyes drearily opened to be met with a blurry and distorted version of my boyfriend's face. Bucky looked sad and worried, and he looked...terrified.

"Bucky," I murmured as a lazy smile took form on my face while I tried blinking away the blurriness. "You're ok, Baby," I mumbled.

Bucky nodded his head rapidly as tears coated his cheeks while he sobbed. He then pulled me in for a hug and wrapped his arms around me as tight as he could while he collapsed to his knees with his face buried in my shoulder. I could barely grasp onto him even though my senses were becoming less and less distorted. I could actually process everything that was around me now, but everything was different. Everything was...painless.