Coincidence - Seto Kaiba

Really the whole thing was simple, you had worked your way through Kaiba Corporation's ranks to gain the favourable and well paid position of being able to brag to your friends that you were the personal secretary to Seto Kaiba.

That was all you ever said, you were proud of how far you'd brought yourself in a relatively short amount of time and although secretaries usually lasted for short periods under the infamous blue-eyes white dragon duellist you were well on your way to breaking the record of the longest running one.

Your friends of course, watching too many romantic novels and reading too much crap about taboo office romances, on more than one occasion asked you how good it was to get rammed by Seto Kaiba himself when he had a bad day bent over his desk. It was naturally fiction and they weren't serious it was more to wind you up than to actually pry into your secret private life of you and your boss. Sadly it was just that, an employer and employee.

You wanted more, you questioned if there was anyone who didn't, those piercing blue eyes, looks to kill and well toned body made him easily one of the most eligible bachelors never mind the money and fame. Sure people called him for everything, cruel, cold, nasty and more but for the position he had so young, he had to be ruthless. On few occasions you'd heard the shouts from his office before he fired someone, the insults, the dressings down. He was an asshole but being honest you never cared for nice guys or gentlemen, you always loved the ones who could do the most damage.

You swirled your drink and downed it. You were here to let your hair down and have fun not stand in a corner and think about how badly you wanted the CEO of Kaiba Corp and how that would tragically never happen. Your friend had dragged you to this new club, the inside was beautiful and modern, the clientele weren't bad either.

"I'm going to get another" you motioned to your empty glass and Mai nodded raising her own to you. You laughed and shook your head weaving through the dance floor moving to the rhythm as you went catching a few glances before you made it off the floor and to the bar.

"The same again?" It was the bar tender who had served you most of the night, he was easy enough on the eyes and seemed pretty interested considering how cheap the drinks had been.

"You know me too well, please" you said with a smile and waited for your drink.

Paying by card you took it and smiled making your way back towards Mai. Sitting down at the table you shared you noticed a guy trying to chat her up and with the look she gave you, you understood instantly she wanted him gone.

"Are you annoying my girlfriend?" you asked sharply draping your arm dramatically over her. It didn't take long for the guy to clear off and the both of you laughed about the situation.

"I wish a good looking guy would have the balls to start a conversation" she sighed pushing her blonde hair back.

"What you mean Joey?" You smirked and she rolled her eyes.

"He's never going to say anything and I don't see how much more obvious I can be" she sighed again.

"Maybe smack him with a sign that says 'I'm into you' it is a thick skull you're trying to get through" you offered which made her laugh.

"And what about you _____? Are you trying to tell me you're going to give anyone in here who isn't Mr Seto Kaiba himself a chance?" she teased you right back.

"Well I doubt 'Mr Seto Kaiba himself' will be here so I'll have to wont I?" you sighed dramatically playing along with the game.

The club was starting to fill out a bit more and the dance floor was more lively than before but you made a rule of no dancing before tequila, both you and Mai were entirely too sober to start dancing the night away with people who were two drinks away from falling home even at the early hour, well early for a night out.