Who the hell is Polly?!

Chapter Five: Who the Hell is Polly?!

My palms went sweaty. I was completely unsure of how I was feeling.

I was going to be in close proximity to Liam – this is not happening.

This feeling in my stomach – all heavy and jumbled. Was it excitement or dread, my brain wasn't working. I wiped my hands on my jeans, and adjusted myself in my chair, emitting calm. Even if that's not how I was feeling.

I looked up, and practically saw him draw a deep breath before making his way over. He dropped his books on the table, and they landed with a great thud.

He pulled out a chair and sat down, heat flooded my chest as I smelt his aftershave; memories from last weekend came to the fore front of my mind. Peppery aftershave and spearmint was enough to make me blush from memory.

Shit.

"Hey," The greeting rolled off of his tongue, and my mouth went sticky.

"Um, hey back,"

"Since when were you in this class?" He asked, his tone smooth. But did I hear a little emphasis on the you part of that sentence?

I turned to look at him, trying to stifle a furrowed brow. He was staring forward, slouched in his chair, one hand tapping a pencil against his page, his other just hanging by his side, oozing aloofness.

He looked at me from the side of his eye, and raised a questioning eyebrow cockily.

"That sounded a bit accusatory." I finally answered.

"Did it?" He fully turned his head now, and I saw his face up close for the first time since the party.

I still doubt that him and Mark and identical. Liam's face was slimmer, his cheek bones way more defined. He had a small birth mark above the corner of his top lip – if he was a girl it would be called a beauty mark. His brother defiantly didn't have one of those.

I dragged my eyes from his lips and furrowed my brow, "You. Like I planned this or something?"

He lifted one shoulder, "Could have?"

My mouth almost went agape. What did I see in this guy other than the obvious physical attraction? Was he really implying what I think he is? Is he that full of himself?

Asshole.

"I got moved up a class." I answered curtly.

He gave a small nod of acknowledgment, "Smart arse?"

I sat back, irritation flaring behind my eyes. Who does this guy think he is?

"Says the person who is also in this class."

"I'm naturally smart. You clearly had to work for this."

My eyes narrowed, "Arrogance becomes you."