Bitch

Chapter Six: Bitch

Chapter Six: Bitch

I managed to get out of going to the grill after the football match, much to everyone's dismay. Of course I got bombarded with the 'Just say yes' skit. But I was cold, hungry and annoyed because I couldn't get the exchange between Polly and Liam out of my head and I didn't understand why.

I walked to town hurriedly, hoping I could make it to the vinyl shop before it closed. I vaguely wondered if Liam and Polly were seeing each other, and got myself all worked up because if she was then Liam had cheated on her with me. A mixture of guilt and jealousy swirled in my head.

I reached the vinyl store just in time. I could tell they were getting ready to close as the assistants were sweeping and tidying up the shelves.

I wondered around, weaving in and out of the aisles. I wasn't entirely sure what I was looking for until I came to some old rock collections.

I instinctively reached for the frayed edge of a Foo Fighters album at the back. Apparently I wasn't the only one after this album, as just as I grabbed it, someone else did.

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn-" I cut my sentence short, and sharply withdrew my hand when I caught sight of the person holding the other side. His glasses on and hair hiding his face.

"It's okay."

I narrowed my eyes, suddenly feeling a little irritated at the sight of him. Is he seriously following me?

"Do you want that album as well?" I ask, glancing at the shelf to see if there is anymore.

"Yeah." He replied. I grit my teeth, half expecting him to offer it to me.

"So do I." I emphasise, staring at him.

He held the album up slightly and started reading the back of it. "First come, first served right?"

His eyes were arrogant, and I suddenly felt all hot.

"What?! I had hold of it at the same time?" I exclaim, more loudly then I wanted to. A few people in the store turned to look at me.

"You let go." The side of his mouth turned up into a small smirk, and I began to feel myself become agitated.

Seriously?

"Liam, come on." I turned around to see Polly standing at the door of the shop, holding a clothes bag.

She saw me, and I literally felt her eyes narrow.

"Yeah, I'm coming." He replied, before his eyes came back to me. "You still have my notebook, right?"

I felt momentarily caught off guard at his change in conversation, "Um, yeah I do."

"I kind of need it back." He says matter-of factly, and I felt a little hostility.

"Yeah," I felt a little hot at my own forgetful-ness. "In class."