Chapter Ten:

-Harley West-

"You shouldn't have done that, Harley. You could've gotten yourself hurt." You know what I really hate? Lectures. I hate them, despise them actually. I know I shouldn't have done it but I knew the consequences and if I had gotten hurt then I'm the only one to blame.

"But I didn't."

"But you could've." The whole car ride had been like this up until me and Ryder stopped at a small cafe near by to eat.

"I didn't get hurt, ok. And here you go." I pull out the $155k out of my purse and slide it against the table. Ryder looks at me and shakes his head. "I know you need it more than I do, so take your head out of your ass and accept it"

He hesitantly nods and puts the money in his overfilled wallet.

"Harley? What are you doing with him?!" I turn around and see Tom standing with his arms crossed and his eyebrows furrowed.

Why do I have a feeling this is not going to end up well?

"And why were you street racing?!"

"Because I can. I don't remember you being my father." I shouldn't have said that because even though Tom was already angry, his face was now red in anger and his jaw was clenched tightly, his fists curled up into a tight fist.

Tom would never hurt me because he sees me as his sister and if he did Dustin would've beat him to a pulp. Also if he lays a hand on me he's dead, I may not be in my fathers gang but that doesn't mean he didn't train me to defend my self.

"You know Dustin is just parking the car, right? He'll see you with this dickhead and it won't be a pretty scene."  Tom calms down and points to Dustin's blue Ford being parked. I turn back and look at Ryder, he showed no interest at all to the conversation instead he just sat there smirking, playing with a fry.

To my surprise, when Dustin gets out of his car so does Josh, for once I agree with Tom, this won't be a pretty scene.

The cafe bell rings, introducing Josh and Dustin to the entire cafe. They spot Tom and make their way over to him, their faces drop once they see me with the schools bad boy.

"What are you doing here with him?" Apparently I can't have male friends,  why do they think they can control me?

"I'm hanging out with a friend. Is it so wrong of me to want to have a social life?" I throw in a quick, sarcastic smile, just to be extra. "I spent the day with a friend and we thought it would be a decent idea to not starve ourselves."

"And by spent the day, you mean street race illegally with the douchebag of the century?" So much for being a friend, Tom. I love my brother and Tom to bits but they can be annoyingly possessive. Dustin's eyes dart to Ryder when Tom finished speaking.

"Woah, chill there. I didn't make her race." So Ryder was paying attention to the argument, he just chose to not talk. Great. Dustin just kinda looked at him with a -I-totally- believe- you- sarcastic look.

"It's true, he tried to stop me and I didn't listen, Josh was there...ask him." They all looked at Josh and he hesitantly nodded.

Dustin and Tom all walked away, I asked Josh if he could stay here for a while to chat with me and Ryder and surprisingly he agreed. I had called Molly earlier to come here to hang and with us, so she was on her way.

Josh had ordered a portion of fries and a Coca Cola, to my surprise Ryder and Josh actually got along. Molly soon arrived and sat next to me.

"Do my eyes deceive me or are these two boys getting along?!" Molly asked, shocked.