Ch. 21 : Its work

Dakota's p.o.v.

I woke up early today. My phone wouldn't stop ringing. "Shut it up" Vincent growled and moved away from me, placing a pillow over his head. Grumpy pants. "Dakota" Vincent said and I moved out of the bed and grabbed my phone.

As soon as I picked up, Mason's voice rang out. "Alessandros been shot". I looked at the floor and felt nauseated. This can't be happening. "Come home" he said and I heard the other line disconnect. I shut down my phone and looked to my side to see Vincent asleep.

I checked my watch to see it was only 5 in the morning. How? I stood up and headed to the closet. I picked out simple clothes and headed to the bathroom to wash up. As I entered the room again I noticed Vincent wasn't there. He was Probably in his office.

That would be best for us. I headed out and went down the stairs taking the set of keys Alessandro had given me and went into the garage. I got in the car and drove out of the estate. I headed towards Alessandros.

The drive was toxic. My nerves were on edge through out the whole ride. First Sofia and now Alessandro. How? That was my question. I saw him yesterday, he was in tact. Now this. How? I finally got there and parked. I got out and got greeted by Mason. "Where is he?" I asked.

I followed him into the house and we walked down to the basement. "He's stable but he lost a lot of blood" he said. We entered a room and I ran to Alessandros side. I sat at the edge of the table and took hold of his hand. "Alessandro" I whispered.

He squished my hand and I smiled. "You came" he said, his voice raspy. "Of course" I said and tears flowed down my face. "Take rest" I whispered and stroked his hair. He closed his eyes and fell asleep. I let go of his hand and stood up. Mason and I headed up the stairs and headed to the office.

All the men were there. "How's Sofia?" I asked. "She's resting up" Mason said. He looked tired. "Where's Michael?" I asked. "He's doing a job" Mason replied. "You need rest" I told him. "I will once I tell you everything" he said. I nodded.

"We were taking care of a shipment. Police came in. We don't know how. But they did. Alessandro being him didn't back down. He fought fire with fire. Then out of no where he got hit." Mason said. "Who knew of the operation?" I asked.

"Just us" he said. "Mole?" I whisper asked. He Nodded. "Is there something I could Do?" I asked. He thought about it and nodded. "We need to drag the mole out" he said and looked at the men. "Alessandro wanted to send you on a run before he got shot" Mason said

"What was it?" I asked. "A little man hunt" he said. "Okay". He told all the men to leave. "His name is Philip. He's been poking around in our business" he said. He handed me a picture of a man and I looked at the back of the picture to see an address.

"Go" he said and I nodded. I headed down stairs and to the back side of the house to a ware house. I wasn't going to kill the man once I saw him. I was going to use him as an example. I was pissed off. I told hold of a tranquilizer and headed back to my car.

The drive was long. My phone rang and I looked at the caller id. It was Vincent. I turned my phone off and headed into a building with my gun in a trumpet box, I didn't have time for him at the moment. I payed the receptionist in cash and headed up to my room.

I looked through the window. No one walked down the alley.  I looked at my watch and grunted at the time. It was hitting night time, and I still haven't eaten. I noticed a man walked into the alley and tried to see his features. That was him.

I opened the window and aimed my gun out and pulled the trigger. The man fell. I placed my gun back in the trumpet case and headed down stairs. I placed the gun in the car and then placed the man in as well after dragging him to it, he was heavy. The drive back to the estate made me feel nervous.

As I parked, Mason came and opened the door for me. "Have the men go to the wear house" I ordered and he nodded. I drove to the back and pulled the man out. Tying him was a bit hard but I did it. The men entered and looked at me.

I took each and one of their faces in. "Someone has been trying to learn our ways" I started and filled a bucket with cold water and threw it on the man. He woke up startled and looked around to figure out where he was. "Now. I'm not the violent type" I continued and pulled a gun out.

"But it's a special occasion. What happens to people like this?" I asked and loaded my gun. "Penalty is death" the men said all together. I looked at one specifically. A man that balled his fists up every 5 minuets. That's my man. I aimed my gun at the man in the chair. "Exactly. Penalty is death" I repeated .

Just as they thought I was going to pull the trigger I moved my gun and walked to the man in the crowd. Everyone formed a circle around us. "Why?" I asked. The man got on his knees and looked around him. "I had no choice" he said. "Yes you did" I exclaimed and watched him kiss my feet.

As if that would stop me. Its his fault Alessandro almost died.

"Forgive me" he whispered. "As You wish" I said and placed my gun at his head. Bam. The room was silent. I moved away from the mess and walked towards the man in the chair. "Please learn from this" I said and looked at the man in front of me.

I fired without remorse. "Someone clean this mess" I ordered and handed a man my gun. "How did you know?" Mason asked as we reached my car. "He balled his fists up every 5 minuets" I explained. "Is that something Vincent taught you?" He asked. I nodded, the training they had put me through was much more intense then the one Alessandro had put me through. 

"Always pay attention to small details. I have to go. I'm going to be busy tomorrow but I'll try to come during the week" I said and hopped into my car. I drove back to Vincent's estate and parked. "Where were You?" Vincent voice boomed once I was in the house.

"Look I'm tired. Its almost 12 I need sleep" I said and headed up the stairs and went into the closet. "Is that blood?" Vincent asked as I placed my shoes back in their place. Shit. "I Probably dropped something on them" I shrugged his question off.

I got in bed and heard Vincent go out the room. Fine by me. A few minuets passed and he still hadn't come back. I got out of bed and headed to his office. "Can you come sleep with me?" I asked. He looked up at me then back at his paper. "In a bit" he said and I nodded. He was in a bad mood but not completely or else he would have replied a different way.

I headed back to the room and laid in bed. Soon the door opened and then the bed slumped down a bit. Strong arms pulled me into a deep warmth. "Don't do that again" he whispered and kissed my temple. "I won't" I whispered and closed me eyes.